Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#753924 Sat Aug 29 2020 01:36 PM
J
OP Offline
J
Hi Guys, I will need the knowledges from the Red Indian Collectors on this forum!! I have been proposed this sign, a plaster/ciment sign, from the 30's. It has been repainted more than 30 years ago. The old man who own the sign told me it's in his family for more than 70years, it was on his dad's gas station. The story looks true, as he also offered me a calendar from the last year his dad owned the gas station, the name on the calendar is the same as his. I believe the guy, but when I check on the web, in the only rares pictures from the same kind of sign, the face is not exactly the same, the hairs are going over the headband, on this one the headband is over the hairs.... maybe it's because one is older than the other? Was there different version of the head?? Sorry for all the questions, I'm excited by the sign, but I don't want to buy any repro or non linked to the red indian brand. Thanks in advance for your help. Cheers. Jean

IMG_1459.jpeg IMG_1461.jpeg
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Jean here is a link to a previous discussion on a RI bust. The one you're considering was repainted at some time and looks like it has Chicago Blackhawk colours. You could PM the members on the discussion of that bust directly for more guidance.
http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=467254

1 member likes this: jeanseb66
J
OP Offline
J
Thanks so much for the link, I spent hours today trying to get info by looking in discussion but I didn't check way back in 2013. I'm pleased to see it looks like a reel one. Thanks again for your help

S
S
McColl-Frontenac Oil Company
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to navigationJump to search
The McColl-Frontenac Oil Company was an oil company based in Canada. It was created in 1927 as a result of a merger between two companies, McColl Brothers, founded by John McColl in 1873, and Frontenac Oil Refineries. Shares in the new company were acquired by the Texas Company, and by 1941 it had acquired a majority ownership position of McColl-Frontenac. At that time, the oil company was rebranded as Texaco Canada. McColl-Frontenac was known for its branding of its oil and products as "Red Indian". In 1989, Texaco Canada was acquired by Imperial Oil. Non retail operations continued as Texaco Canada Petroleum Incorporated until 1995.

you probably know this already

https://hibid.com/lot/26532874/rare-original-red-indian-plaster-head----original/

Last edited by scoobydoo; Tue Sep 15 2020 04:09 AM. Reason: added link
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
check for the horse hair in the plaster . But it looks very nice .

Follow the Red Indian Trail

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved