Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
OP Offline
G
Hello Everyone,

I am new here and I wanted to say thanks to the site for expediting my approval to post. So my wife and I are in the process of cleaning out her parents house. Her dad was a driver for Texaco for 44 years and retired in the early 90's. He achieved many safety awards but he biggest one he would always remind me when I was driving was the Million Mile safety award. We came across some boxes of his old uniforms shirts, pants, jackets, vests and coveralls. I will be listing things on here with a price BUT I have no idea if it is low or high or correct. I ask please make fair offers and keep in mind once I have your address I will figure out shipping. I usually use UPS and do get a discount that I will pass along, but be aware shipping has gotten expensive just as everything else seems that have.

I ask for fair offers as all money raised is going to his high level of care that we had to recently convince him for for his best interest and safety since he had some dangerous falls. We found many Texaco things and there are still some more I need to bring home but his house is 7 plus hours away so we only make it out there around 2 times a month. Please ask any questions and I will do my best to answer. All the clothes I noticed are mostly Medium Regular. I wear a large in the jackets and most do fit me but a little snug. I will combine shipping on multiple items.

Here is the first jackets. Green nylon type of jackets, (note these feel a little stiff to me, not sure if that's how they should be or not) I have 3ea Medium with a hood and 2ea small with no hood. I would be asking $65 each for them plus shipping.

Red vests, I have 2ea Medium that are worn that have no patches and 1ea small and 1ea Medium with a patch. $30 each for the ones with patches and $15 each for the non patched ones plus shipping

Black vest, I have 2ea Medium. $30 each plus shipping

IMG_2883.jpg IMG_2884.jpg IMG_2879.jpg IMG_3009.jpg
All Items Offered Must Have Prices

All Items Offered in This Category Must Have Prices.
72 hour bumping rule now being enforced. Please read the For Sale Guidelines.

Please read and follow all the For Sale Petroliana forum Guidelines and Non-Petro For Sale forum Guidelines
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
Welcome

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Welcome to Oldgas. Best of luck with your sale items.

Regards, Jim

I collect gas pump salt and pepper shakers
and the plastic coin banks made by AVSCO.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
welcome aboard .. ... cool

RANDY
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Thank you for making these very special TEXACO items available to the gang here on Old Gas. Also, as an old guy myself, I applaud you and your wife for doing what's needed to take care of her dad.

Your item descriptions are wonderful....great clarity, openness, and obvious honesty. Also, nice going in terms of the quality of your photos. My compliments to you, along with best wishes for successful selling. John

1 member likes this: RetroPetro
G
OP Offline
G
Thank you sir. My wife has 4 siblings and not one of the can be bothered with all the stuff dad needs. So it's me and her trying to take care of our own lives and now an 86 year man that doesn't think he needs help. It's been a HUGE undertaking from the 7 hours drive each way and going through the house and trying to make sure everything goes to the right places. I asked all the family if anyone wants any of the Texaco stuff for memories and not a single one even replied. I found one jacket that had his Million Mile Award patch on the sleeve so I wanted to keep that one. We are just overwhelmed with all the stuff and can't keep it all, we have enough of our own. When I told dad we are going to try and find someone that collects oil/gas items to get these items to he was good with it. He came from an era where he doesn't like to see things go to waste.

Thanks for the kind words, I could have done a little more and did all the measurements of each piece of clothing but I am kind of sinking in the sea of "stuff", life and the holidays.

Happy Holidays to all!

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Collectible Motor Oil Can auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved