Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
OP Offline
B
I've decided to have a foundry cast me a new tall base for a Wayne visible 515 or 519 (maybe other models), and wonder if anyone wants one as well? For a short run of 4 or 5, the price each would be in the vicinity of $150. (You would need to finish the casting and drill the holes.) I've decided to do this since my posting some time ago asking if anyone knew where I could find another damaged tall Wayne base that I could use to repair mine. Got a few replies (thanks) and in the end found one other cracked tall base. Unfortunately, it had the same damage as mine (missing pieces around the large access hole), and I couldn't use it to repair mine. Thus my decision to have a local foundry cast me a new base. I have to think there may be a lot of these tall bases with the same problem (due probably to inherent weakness around the large access hole). Anyway, I now have a mold created from what was left of my original base--I doubt you will be able to tell it from an original, and I actually opened up the diameter about 3/16" to compensate for some shrinkage when it gets cast. FYI--this base looks just like the base on the Wayne 519 on page 315 of An Illustrated Guide to Gas Pumps, and like the base on the 515 on page 314 (except, for some reason, I don't see any access hole in this drawing?); and like the base on the Wayne 515 on page 101 of the Gas Pump Collector's Guide. It has two rectangular access holes on opposite sides, one large and one smaller. Please let me know if there is any interest--otherwise, I will go it alone. You can call me at (317) 876-3500 days, or e-mail me at bobpeltz@projectmedia.com. Thanks!

P.S., I am in Indianapolis and need skins and glass for a 515 and 615 (chips or minor damage considered)—anyone coming through Indy on their way to the show, so I can meet and pay you, and avoid shipping costs?

------------------
Bob Peltz, President
Project Media, Inc./Homespun Antiques, Ltd.
4340 W. 96th Street, Suite 106
Indianapolis, IN 46268
Phone: (317) 876-3500
Fax: (317) 876-3540
Web: www.projectmedia.com
E-mail:
bobpeltz@projectmedia.com

Bob Peltz, President
Project Media, Inc./Homespun Antiques, Ltd.
4340 W. 96th Street, Suite 106
Indianapolis, IN 46268
Phone: (317) 876-3500
Fax: (317) 876-3540
Web: www.projectmedia.com
E-mail:
bobpeltz@projectmedia.com
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
D
D
bob, did you ever get any of these made?

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
dougm: An FYI...Bob hasn't been on Old Gas for over ten years. Maybe you can track him down from info posted on his Old Gas Profile. John

L
L
Not sure but Andy might have one at Gas Pump Heaven?

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Last edited by Pogo's Garage; Tue Jan 24 2023 06:08 PM.

Visit our Website or FaceBook Page

Lance @ Pogos Garage

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved