Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#78852 Sun Mar 30 2008 06:29 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I noticed a Tokheim 850 next to a barn in 1998. I went up to the door of the house on the property. The owner of the pump did not seem very interested in selling it to me. I offered $300.00. At that time I was still in college, and that was a good amount of money for me. I left my phone # and never heard from the guy. The pump is not very near to where I live, but I made a point to drive by it every few years. I drove by today, and the pump was still there. I turned around about 100 yards down the road and started heading for home. A truck just then pulled into the driveway at the house. I pulled in and introduced myself. This was the new owner of the house. I asked him about selling the pump, he replied that he already had some standing offers. I offered him $750, which is about the most I would ever offer for ANY gas pump. He said he had offers for $1800 and $1200, and his postman also wants it. The pump is solid but needs a full restoration. The bad news is I will never own the gas pump, the good news is that I can now stop thinking about it. Here in my neck of the woods I rarely notice any gas pumps still sitting out in the open.

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#78853 Sun Mar 30 2008 07:00 PM
M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
Is it a round or square version and what do you think it will take to buy it, do you have pics. I have to come up that way soon and I will pay finders fees. Let me know. Thanks, M

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved