Print Thread
B
bettin Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
B
John and Bill,

Thanks for your help a few weeks ago when I was looking at display cases and needed some measurements.

We just hung one case last night and put a few items in it to evaluate the "look".

I think this will work well - the acrylic case has a hinged front which keeps all the dust out and off of display items, and the mirror back allows viewing of the writing on the backside of S&P's.

The mirror-back isn't nearly as distracting as the photo below would lead one to believe.

I may make each "compartment" a single brand that can have a related brand blotter and/or a couple of smalls.

This case was $85 for 21 compartments - about $4 or so per - not bad considering display value.

------------------
Ron Bettin
740-774-OHIO(6446)
bettin@bright.net

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
NICE!!!

Mike
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Nice!!!! real nice!!!!where can I get one?

Paddy
Wanted. Billups, Ride with Rose, Har-V, LORECO, STANOCOLA, Pan Am (early), Hurricane, Evangeline, Canal, Gulf Coast, oil companies.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
That case is a 1/24 scale diecast car display case. I have a couple I got off the internet but I have my diecasts in them. Never thought about gas and oil smalls and they do keep the dust out.

Keith

Drive with Care and Buy Sinclair!! I buy Sinclair globes, signs, cans, ect.
B
bettin Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
B
There are 30-40 different sizes and Keith is right - alot of them are used for model cars, although alot of people use them for other types of collectibles.

I like this one as it fits the S&P's and is almost 4" deep so with mirror back, gives 8" perspective which sets image far enough back to peer over shakers and still read backside for station details.

Inside compartment measurement of mine is 9-1/4" x 3-1/4". Gas pump S&P's are one inch wide, so four sets can have about 1/4" spacing between them if used exclusively for same.

We got it at Carlisle swap - haven't seen them at any other swap meets.

We've inquired about a distributorship and have received info. This particular manufacturer appears to have quality workmanship which we want.

Problem is the margin is not good - and the product is fragile and prone to crack/damage in handling, etc - may not be worth it for $10-15 margin per case, but still reviewing.

My thoughts were to pick up a load and take to a swap meet and see how much of a hassle it is versus sales made.

Could probably ship around the country also, but still reviewing.

They do look really good on the wall.

------------------
Ron Bettin
740-774-OHIO(6446)
bettin@bright.net

[This message has been edited by bettin (edited 10-25-2006).]

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Check your local phone book for a Plastics supply house. They should be able to make anything you draw up or can order ready made.
db

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved