Next Thread
Print Thread
#79186 Sat Jun 11 2005 01:13 PM
T
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
T
I just got done setting up the Firestone Beer Service Station at the site of tonights pre-show barbecue for the Santa Ynez Classic Car Show on Sunday.

I was in charge of the beer booth, not the wall decor so what can I say?

Tomorrow night (Sunday, June 12th) I will post pcitures here of the car show and anything of Petro interest that is there.

C Cragg
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Very nice job looks good & a good idea for the pump. Man do those beers look good on a hot muggy day like today. Sure wish I had one "hint hint" lol. Have a good time look forward to the update

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
+
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
+
Curt it all looks great, I get the impession that your part owner of this company ,or your the worlds best salesmen

Chris Holt
T
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
T
Don't have an interest in Firestone other than helping promote them as a local company.

The brewing or beer side of the business is actually called "Firestone Walker Brewing Company". Adam Firestone and David Walker started the beer side of the business. Adams father “Brooks” Firestone is a direct descendant to the Firestone Tire & Rubber family. In the early seventies he came to California and established the Firestone Winery, planting one of the first vineyards in our area. His foresight led to the establishment of a now significant wine industry in Santa Barbara County.

David Walker is married to Polly “Firestone” Walker, Adams sister (and Brooks’ daughter).

Unlike many spoiled rotten heirs and trust fund babies of a wealthy family, this family has had a significant positive involvement in our local community. My children have attended school with the Walkers and Firestone’s and collectively they have contributed significantly to the benefit of our small school. These contributions haven’t been just throwing money at things, but actively volunteering and getting involved with their time and talents to support fundraisers and serve on local boards. I have worked side by side with them cleaning up after our annual school fundraising events when other parents that didn’t contribute anything went home.

Ironically, I’m not even much of a beer drinker, but you can’t miss the connection between the Petro side of the Firestone name. Since I am a Petroholic, I had to put the two together and it just seemed natural to link the beer side with a service station theme, especially for a car show.

So Chris, this is a long answer to your statement, but in essence it’s what I can do for them for what they have done for our community. Since this event benefit’s the local community I think that it’s worthy of my involvement. I certainly get some local recognition for it too and you never know where that will lead.

Just wait till you see the oil cans I made for this car show.

Heading out now to move the “Andersen’s Pea Soup Special” dragster and the gas pump over to the grounds where the car show is being held. Last nights event was fun and people loved the beer pump.

C Cragg
+
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
+
Curt , The Firestones and the Walkers sound like great people, you have no problem fitting into that catagory ether with all the stuff you do. I don't no where you find enough time. But the display is top notch ,You did some real good work , I'm sure that the Firestones and the walkers appriciate everything you do, one other thing, do they have a web site?

Chris Holt
T
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
T

C Cragg
T
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
T
Took awhile before I could post these, but here are some pictures from the 1st Annual Santa Ynez Classic Car Show.

C Cragg
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
Nice job like always! Looks good to see a car show with mountains in the background and great to see the Vet with small hubcaps. Tired of looking at wheel covers. I'd have painted wheels red and used wheel rings also tho. I likes Chevys! Here's mine

B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
Curt, Why does the dragster have such big front wheels? Is it just for show? Did you make the labels for the bottles too? Really nice stuff!! Thanks. Your work is as good as your stories!

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
curt, nice photos. how much for big feeesh?

T
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
T
As far as I know the dragster is set up the way it was originally run in the late 50's. Don't think they had adopted the concept of the small front tires yet but maybe some of the early racers can tell us more.

Finally getting some more pictures posted for you and yes I did all the can labels and put labels on an oil bottle and swing spout can on the lubester too.

This show had a wide variety of cars to see.

C Cragg
T
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
T
Here is the detail on the cans and sign I made for Firestone and the Andersen's Pea Soup Special.

C Cragg
T
T
So does that make Adam Firestone the brother of former Indy Lights driver/1999 Indy 500 non-qualifier Nick Firestone?

T
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
T
No Adams brother is Andrew Firestone, better known as "The Bachelor" two seasons ago.

His selection did not result in a marriage, they broke up after about nine month. He also has two sisters.

C Cragg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Sweet, Love the four 97's on the flatty rail. Larry

In memory of DB 9/12/49 - 8/28/14

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved