Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#79456 Fri Jun 06 2003 09:55 PM
D
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
When I first seen it, it wasn't finished, hes put a lot of time and thought in this display, everything in its place, a lot of sleepless nights thinking , thats what he does , if your ever in the north west and you want to see the best displayed collection of associated collectables , give my friend Craig a shout , and most of the time he will invite you to see and come by. thanks my friend for showing your collection as private as you are, your the best. injoy gang . this is for you oldtoydoc.

[This message has been edited by Dwaine Buck (edited 08-01-2003).]

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
One word; Beautiful''''''''''''

+
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
+
FANTASTIC, those A-38's are the best I ever seen, that is a unique way of showing a display, very well done

Chris Holt
M
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
M
Absolutely the best display I've seen. Well thought out and creative. My keyboard is wet with drool!

H
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
H
Craig..... How could it be any nicer.... incredible.
Don't be surprised if one day you find an oversized baby basket on your front doorstep with dodo or hubba in it with note that says... please adopt...... on second thought it might be easier to find a basket for Dwaine to fit into.
bob

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Craig, verrrrrrrrry Nice! I have to admire the guys like you that have talent putting together a collection! hey, I'd have trouble just figuring out what color to paint the walls let alone visualizing the station design. I also admire the fact that you were able to stick with just one brand. There's no way I could have ever done that. I like it all, and don't have any self control when it comes to collecting. Great display, Looking forward to visiting some day!

------------------
Don "oltoydoc" Sherwood
Vintage Gas

Don "oltoydoc" Sherwood
oltoydoc@vintagegas.com
(310)415-9562 Cel.
Vintage Gas
F
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
F
Hey Dwaine.. A bunch of us are going over to Craig's tomorrow morning (Sunday) .. I've gotta go to Costco today and get a case of "Depends" and some drool buckets so we don't soil his carpet.

------------------
Frank

Frank
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Craig,
Beautiful display!
Bob

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
D
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
Craig send the pictures for the truck wall, the stain glass window, and the mint chicky sign.

L
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
L
Craig,
just awesome. Definitely my favorite brand and colors. You did a super job on the station layout. Very tasteful.
Larry

larry ivy
J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
So Kool Craig your passon shows.Are the white tiles porcelain? Or? Thanks for shareing,Rex.

T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
WOW!!! thats really NEAT! whats it in? some big building? --- thats a cooool place!

Online Cool
Wow! This is an inspiration. Wonderful stuff displayed in a creative and super appropriate way. To those of us who have some stuff that is not nicely displayed (me), this is a wake up call to get it going and put your dream together. And Craig is so great about having people over.

Thanks, Craig!

------------------
Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
F
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
F
Thanks to all of you for your kind coments. I do enjoy this hobby or as my wife would say, I am obsessed with this hobby. Or as you guys all know I have the sickness. Anyway regarding some of your coments and questions. The station and surrounding area's all are just painted to look like tile and brick. Some of the other parts I will send pictures to Dwaine for posting next week. I love to show what we have done with the gas collection to anybody who wants to see it. What would be the purpose of collecting memorabilia if you didn't show it to anybody to enjoy. I have noticed that most people who don't collect gas stuff still enjoy it from a memories stand point, but Gas Guys enjoy it for that reason and also the true love of each piece. My reluctance to show my collection in the past, has been because I don't want to appear as a show off. I hope I never come across that way. I just want to share the finished product with the rest of those who appreciate it.

Thanks again
Craig

Craig
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved