Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
Sorry its of the week not month.

We are behind a day , so we will make this fast. so I hope you all post yours.
In 1947, Standard oil along with most of the small independents from the West Coast, supplied men to go to Saudi Arabia to drill for and extract a purer form of Crude oil.
so to educate the people of this country the gasstations gave away Camel salt and Pepper shakers with the humps as the shakers. it seams like everytime I go visit the old timer he gives me one. I have traded two of these babies , one Gilmore to John Clay and a Associated to Craig Landon. so enjoy.

My first image is all of them, then I will post better ones as we go along.

[This message has been edited by Dwaine Buck (edited 10-20-2003).]

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Dwaine, now you've gone and hurt my feelings! I was suppose to have the S/P's and you told me to start next week. I was so excited about getting mine ready. Ok lil' buddy I'll just have to find something else that I haven't packed up yet.

------------------
Don "oltoydoc" Sherwood
Vintage Gas

Don "oltoydoc" Sherwood
oltoydoc@vintagegas.com
(310)415-9562 Cel.
Vintage Gas
D
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
Sorry Docter Don, oh Motel funder. You know what was funny Don?? if we would have gone out that Fulton on ramp the Hopper turn off was right there, Me and Larry seen that and laughed. But I did forget about the shakers, you can still do it, I'll pull mine.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
AH well we found it anyhow. Didnt even have to wash my bathing suit. didnt use the pool at all. Looked nice though. Ole Dwainey forgot his trunks and the staff wouldnt let him go naked..hahahaha.
---------------------------------
Hubba

Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Seattle WA
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Ok, here are a few salt and peppers in the shape of gas pumps. As Dwaine said, they were "give-aways" by station owners back in the 50's. Most of them have the business name on the back. Here is a Texaco with the original "Christmas" box, and a pair of D-X "Boron".
Here is a set of Richfield,Standard Oil with Crowns (made with valve stem caps), and a set of Conoco's with box.
Here's a set of Phillips 66 "aviation" (round top) 66 Regular (flat top) Sinclair "Power-X" and Shell Premium with TCP.
CO-OP, Flying "A", and Marathon.
Mobil Oil (mobil gas and mobil gas special, Union 76 & 7600, Standard Oil (White/Red Crown)

------------------
Don "oltoydoc" Sherwood
Vintage Gas

Don "oltoydoc" Sherwood
oltoydoc@vintagegas.com
(310)415-9562 Cel.
Vintage Gas
R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
Very nice Don thanks,Now lets see a:Ashland,Pure,Atlantic,Tower,I'll settle for a Husky set.Rex

------------------

D
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
Very nice Don. you have quite a few hard to get ones. I'm loven'em.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Way Cool for sure Don.
--------------------------
Hubba Hubba

Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Seattle WA
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Sorry for the blurry photos. This excellent collection was photographed in a showcase. One picture has a RARE pair of Signal Gas at the right next to the Standards with crowns. You also will see on the top row a set of Husky right beside a set of Hancock. WOOOOOOOOOW. Thanks to this collector for letting me post his excellent collection of salt and pepper shakers. Scott in KC
[img]http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b3ce00b3127cce80d72b6c4b220000003610[/img]
[img]http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b3ce00b3127cce80d72b49ca370000003610[/img]
[img]http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b3ce00b3127cce80d72a838a650000003610[/img]

[This message has been edited by quartcans (edited 10-21-2003).]

Scott Shipers
WANTED: quart picture cans
D
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
Very nice stuff from Scott, whos is that??? Hes been at it a long time. thier great.
the first one of course is from Seaside not in the pump style but a givaway just the same.

[This message has been edited by Dwaine Buck (edited 10-22-2003).]

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Well, I was proud till I saw all these other shakers I don't have. LOL Here are some of the same ones but I wanted to post mine. I was hoping my Sinclair shakers would be here this week but she still hasn't shipped them. Starting from the top left and going right... Richfield, Atlantic, Conoco, Mobilgas, Shell, D-X Ethyl, Texaco with the x-mas box, Esso, Phillips 66, Phillips 66 Ethyl, Standard with crowns, Red White crowns, Co-Op and soon Sinclair Power-X. I know there are lots more so let the posting begin. If anyone has extras I am interested if I don't have them.

[This message has been edited by Jarvis (edited 10-22-2003).]

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
way cool they all look great,great job. cheese

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
quartcans,
Johnnie does have a very nice collection of 66 items, but I was told that the S&P's belong to his wife.

I've known about the 36B tops in his collection since about 1980, long before I started collecting them.
Dick

D
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
Great turn out for the shakers. you all should be proud of what you have. a lot of these are hard to come by. thanks for posting . heres two up close of the camels. one from Seaise station one from Mohawk.

D
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
In this image is Richfield and a Texaco camel.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved