Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#80113 Thu Jul 22 2004 05:07 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Hi. I am new to OLDGAS - and collecting Petro, and I am loving this website ! I wanted to tell you what happened to me last week. I knew of a farm in northern Va. that had at least 50 old pumps - primarly Bennets with Sinclair logos and Eries with GULF logos. I tried to buy the whole lot last spring - but they wanted to have an estate sale the same year. No sale ever happened. I contacted them twice this spring - same deal - they wanted to have a sale. I went down again last week - the family had paid a junk hauler to take them to the local wreckage yard ! I found the guy who hauled them away, who confirmed that he had hauled then to the scrap processer - and they were crushed the next day. I wanted to buy - and they paid to haul them away ! They still kept three 6' HC and two 6' Dino Sinclair signs and I saw at least one airmeter for the "sale", if that ever happens. Anyway, I feel better telling my story, and I am thrilled to be part of this website. Thanks, Brady Bowles

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#80114 Thu Jul 22 2004 05:40 PM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Hi Brady and welcome to the site. Ouch!!! that story hurts, I can imagine how you felt. I think I would make another trip down the road with cash in hand before they call the scrap dealer again. Just thinking, maybe that scrap dealer was one of the guys on this site, these guys are always coming up with great stories. Don't be surprised if those pumps turn up for sale here!!!! Just kidding, LOL.

#80115 Thu Jul 22 2004 05:42 PM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Brady....
What a sad story...and crushing Sinclair pumps no less! Anyway, welcome aboard and I wish you better news for the future...
Joe

Sinclair Joe
#80116 Thu Jul 22 2004 08:12 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Been there, seen it.
18-20 years ago, a local Mobil distrubitor had approx. 75-100 M&S 80's. I tried to buy the script top pumps.
"Not for sale, I use them on ranches that use my fuel".
I went by a couple weeks LATER, ALL GONE. I went in and asked where the pumps were moved to.
"We got a large order of 55gal drums in, and had to make room for them. We called the local scrap dealer to haul them off"
%^(*@#@

#80117 Thu Jul 22 2004 08:46 PM
G
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
G
Hi Brady welcome to the site. The local scrap yards is where I first started hauling in pumps, they now set them aside for me. I check with them about every month. I pay them a good price but still way below what they are worth, and anytime I have scap I give it to them. Good luck Richard

#80118 Fri Jul 23 2004 07:00 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Brady,
What a shame. Some people are funny in their way of thinking. Sometimes people just don't make any sence at all. Don't give up the hunt, there are more to be found.

Rob

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved