Click here for Original Gas Pump Plate auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Just took this out of a box for globe of the month. Been boxed up for the last seven years since we moved.Pat.

Looking for early Pure Oil Company items(Energee,Detonox,Puritan)as well as any Woco Pep items.

Looking for graphic quart cans for my collection.
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Hi Guys;

Great posts of 1-piece globes. Thanks to everyone who contributed! Aaron has been busy at college with exams and final papers that were due these past few weeks but we are going to take a night this coming week and go through our photo books and add a bunch of 1-piece globes to this feature. Several of globes we will be posting are ones most of you have not seen before. The next Globe of the Month feature will start in a week or two. Stay tuned!

Lonnie

Wanted: Ripple Body Globes, picture globe, any Dixie Distributors keyhole gas pump globe and ANYTHING from Old Dutch Refining, Muskegon, MI Musgo sign
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
i know this is not a gas & oil globe however its the only 1 piece i own.........

[URL=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=187&i=hardwareglobe1gh8.jpg][IMG]

------------------
http://www.roadrelics.com

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Thanks to everyone who has posted this month. Here is a batch of photos of one piece globes not often seen. I'll be posting a few more photos in the next couple days and we'll be kicking off the next installment of GOTM later in the week.

Aaron Hop

Wanted: Ripple Body Globes, picture globe, any Dixie Distributors keyhole gas pump globe and ANYTHING from Old Dutch Refining, Muskegon, MI Musgo sign
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
More from England

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Here are a few photos of some chimney cap one pieces and a very neat Spoco one piece etched globe. Note how wide bodied the Texaco Motor Oil and Gasoline is.

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Chimney cap globes were some of the earliest 1-piece globes used. In the early days of gasoline marketing there was a great deal of concern about gasoline exploding while it was being handled. The chimney on the globe was to vent any gasoline vapors that might rise up through the pump and become trapped inside the globe body which could have led to an explosion.

Obviously these fears were unfounded since very few chimney cap globes exist, but the conventional globes as we knkow them were used for decades without any problems exploding.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved