Print Thread
#81240 Thu Oct 09 2003 05:01 PM
T
T-BONE Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
HERE ARE SOME PICTURES THAT DON AND HIS WIFE FROM SEATTLE SENT ME OF THEIR TRIP THEY MADE TO THE OZARKS.. YOU CAN'T SEE IT IN THE TRAILER,, BUT HE ALSO BROUGHT HOME A BANJO PLAYING HILLBILLY FOR A SOUVENIER.. HA HA!!! GREAT HAUL DON!!! PLEASE FILL US IN ON THE DETAILS ,, AND TELL US WHAT YOUR PET HILLBILLYS NAME IS........

[This message has been edited by T-BONE (edited 10-09-2003).]

[This message has been edited by T-BONE (edited 10-09-2003).]

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#81241 Thu Oct 09 2003 06:06 PM
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Hey I see Auqua Elvises pump. nice guy that Don, Theres pogo's double pump, he didn't have to do all that cutting up of the two 60ties, you could have gone to them Tennessee hills chewed some backy, spit a couple times married a coal miners daughter , left her in oklahoma and they would have given you that pump, ha ha ha . just kidding pog.

#81242 Thu Oct 09 2003 07:55 PM
A
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
A
DAMN! There is my 60... looks pretty shaby in a trailer with a 65! Nice stuff, lets here are the details!

I remember the good old days when gold was worth more than rust!
#81243 Thu Oct 09 2003 08:11 PM
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Hey Elvis, its got chewen tabacey juice all over it,

#81244 Thu Oct 09 2003 08:11 PM
T
T-BONE Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
HEY AQUA,,,, DON TOLD ME HE WAS GONNA SCRAP OUT THAT 60 YOU BOUGHT... HE SAID IT MADE HIM GET A FLAT TIRE ON HIS TRIP ,, SO HE SAID IT WOULD MAKE A GOOD BOAT ANCHOR..................

HA HA!!!!!!! JUST WISH I HAD A NEW WAYNE 60!! T~~~~BONE......====

#81245 Thu Oct 09 2003 09:52 PM
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
OK here we go!!!! Lynn and I started out on Saturday the 20th of Sept. by going over
to eastern Washington to the Gorge amphitheater right on the Columbia river for a Ted Nugent and Z.Z. top
concert. Had a great time, met a few friends there and so on. Sunday morning we got
up early and drove down to Franks place in Idaho picked up the Tok 300 and National
A-62 from him, had a great visit with him what a nice guy can't wait to get back down
and see him again. Left his place Sunday eve and went south towards Denver Co.
Went through Aspen and Vail Co. WOW is that place high up or what 11,200 feet is
the elevation of the mountain pass you go over. Trees were changing fall colors Don't
think I could afford to live there this place was awesome and now I see why the rich
and famous hang out there. Got to Denver area on Tuesday eve, met Scott his wife and
new baby what a cute baby. Had a wonderful dinner and chat. Wednesday morning got
up and Scott took us over to Docs place. This guy has more stuff than the Smithsonian,
bought a 7+ foot wide Conoco porcelain sign and pole nine item. Also got a 6 foot
Shamrock sign and pole. Doc and Scott were very nice and fun to talk with. Got out of
there Wednesday afternoon and headed over to Southern Iowa to see another
collection of a guy who is not on oldgas yet. He had 2 - 40 foot semi trailers and a 4 car
garage FULL of gas pumps and soda machines. I would say at least 50 - 75 visible pumps including Romans, doubles, 5 gallons, at least 50 old soda machines and coolers. Lots of nice stuff. Bought a DX
diamond Large sign and art deco pole this is one cool sign post. Sign is mint. Left his
place and went North too pick up the Wayne 60 pump for Aqua Elvis. This farmer was
a great guy also. This wayne 60 was sitting in the yard right next to his house you could
see it plain as day from the road, I asked him if he had been asked 100 times or more
about this pump he said I have lived here for 22 years and no one has ever even
slowed down to look. Just goes to show you the stuff is still out there.
Went on in to Jefferson Wi. for the Jefferson swap meet this place is big and busy had lots of gas stuff seen a Wayne 851 clock face in nice condition for 700.00 was about out of money so I did not get it. Then on to Milwaukee Wi. and picked up the Wayne
65 and Bowser clock face pump. Mark and Marcy and there son Chris. were absolutely fantastic. When we got to there shop to pick up the pumps we discovered we had a wheel bearing out of the trailer. Had to replace the hub, drum, bearings and all. They were good about helping get it fixed. Left there to pick up 3 Benett 76 pumps with all of the face bezels on them traded the 2 pumps I got from Frank for one of these 76s. also picked up a Tok 36b and a Bennett 150 clock face. Headed east from there to see our friend Tom in Luverne Minn. to pick up a restored Tok 850 clock face and Wayne 615 with a good cylinder, also a very nice 6 foot texaco sign.
On the way there we went around a corner a little to fast on the freeway, left side trailer tires rubbed on inner fenders and wore a holes through the cords on the back side of the tires. Had to buy 2 more tires. Also picked up 80 lbs of that mid west corn fed beef and pork to take home on dry ice. Developed a fuel leak on our Diesel truck in South Dakota had to take it in to Pierre S.D. dealer for repairs. Left there and headed home without going up to N.D to pick up 4 more pumps I had already bought. { good excuse to go back in the spring!!!!} Got home on Friday the 3rd of Oct. 5280 miles in 13 days. Average of 400 miles per day. Had lots more adventures to tell but will save them for later must be boring you by now.
Don

#81246 Thu Oct 09 2003 10:58 PM
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
Yeah Don, just boring the HELL out of everybody about your killer trip. Are you going to be at Monroe? I have that A-1 manifold ready; should I haul it to Monroe? Now that you're completely rested, you should be ready to drive down to Fred's next week. How's Tom in Minn. doing? Well, I hope. Super guy!!

#81247 Thu Oct 09 2003 11:11 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I want to have adventures like Don and Lynn. That trips sounds awesome.
------------------------------------------
Hubba

Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Seattle WA
#81248 Fri Oct 10 2003 06:17 AM
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
You did good Don, Loved the story, glad you didn't have any bad trouble and you both made it home safe.

#81249 Fri Oct 10 2003 06:50 AM
T
T-BONE Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
WOW!!!!

#81250 Fri Oct 10 2003 07:45 AM
A
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
A
Hubba don't worry, we will drive around WA soon and pick up... well, nothing as cool as Don but it will be fun
You left the Tok 851 Oh no!
Sounds like you had a great time, what a trip! I noticed you left out the part about my 60 being still connected. Was supposed to be gutted and waiting but was still hooked up on the tanks! Thanks again for not driving away with out it

I remember the good old days when gold was worth more than rust!
#81251 Fri Oct 10 2003 08:05 AM
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Hi Aqua, I would not leave a wayne 60 anywhere even if it was cemented in I'd find a way to get it home. You can store it at my place till you get up this way, no problem
{Wink - Wink} Looks good sitting next to the 65, kinda reminds me of the 3 Bears stories...
Hey guys be sure and check out the for sale and wanted forum as I REALLY need a door for a neptune L-1. Hellllpppp PLEASE

#81252 Fri Oct 10 2003 09:10 AM
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Awesome pumps and story. Everyone's best dream.
Thanks for posting!
Rod
in Nebraska, where we sometimes run out grease too.

------------------

#81253 Fri Oct 10 2003 10:00 AM
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
It was great to meet Don and Lynn. This hobby has some great people and Don and Lynn are two of them. What a cool trailer of goodies! I wonder what people thought when they were driving by him on the highway?

Anyway glad you made it home safe!

Scott

Scott
Wanted- Powerine and Powerlube items!
#81254 Fri Oct 10 2003 03:18 PM
T
T-BONE Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
Most people probably thought they were heading for the nearest landfill...... [seriously].. If I saw that load going by,, I would do an old fashioned train robbery like Jesse James.. Jump on the moving trailer and start throwing signs and pumps into the back of my get away vehicle following along side...... well,, not to Don,, but a stranger I would..

[[[[ T -BONE ,, "THE OUTLAW" ]]]]]

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved