Click here for Original Gas Pump Plate auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I bought another Sinclair sign to add to my collection this weekend. I never saw another one like it in person or in pictures. I looked through all of my gas books and looked on the internet also. I posted several pictures. Does anyone else have one? I assume it was from the 60's. The angle on the top of this sign lines up with the angle on the botom of my Sincair trapazoid sign. My trapazoid sign is a 5 footer. It appears that the sign I just bought was probably intended to be hung under a 7 foot sign. It is two sided, the one side has the Sinclair "Drive With Care" saying on it and the back side says "Next exit". I again assume the sign may have been used on an interstate, going one way you would see a sign for Sinclair, next exit. Going the opisite way you would see Sinclair, Drive with care. I also got the original wood box it came in, it is marked Sinclair, Rolla Missouri. Does anyone have any info on this sign or have a picture of one hanging up along the road or on an old map?
Thanks

US Air Force Retired, 1981-2007
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
There is a sinclair station just off the highway at the 63n exit in Rolla MO.This station has been here for quite a while.Nice sign!

------------------

I
I
Cool sign! Haven't seen that one. Wes this has been bugging me all day so I must ask: By chance are you on the WWI site;Aero. Does H Weir Cook - 94th aero squadron.????

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Indgasman
That is not me on the WW1 site. I am interested in military history, mostly WW2 stuff.
I am still looking for info on this sign. I looked through all of my back issues of PCM and CTO and all my gas books again. Still no luck yet.

US Air Force Retired, 1981-2007
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
I know this sounds dumb but the same guy has been at this station for many years.You might try and give him a call or something.He might know something on it!

------------------

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved