Click here for Original Gas Pump Plate auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
This is my first pump after it had been gutted, doors off, and rust removed. I do have a before picture that hasn't been developed yet(with my dad) and it will be shown when I finish. I only started this whole project 2 weeks ago. This is a Bennett 647 which we picked up at an auction in Lodi 5 or 6 years ago and will be done in polly gas of course.

These are some of gas pump pieces that I have taken apart and cleaned up recently. Trying to keep all the little pieces in order and remember which bolt goes where can be challenging.

These are my dental antiques. The chair was given to me by my mom & dad as a graduation gift from dental school. No restoring was required on the chair.

This is the dental unit that I received as a gift from mom & dad when I graduated from UC Davis. I completely stripped it and restored the whole thing when I was 21 (8 years ago).

This unit was given to me by an old dentist friend of my dad. The unit had been in a fire. I completely retored it 2 years ago. Hope these dental antiques don't bring back too many bad memories for you baby boomers.

------------------
~Jason

~Jason

6 ft signs & rare pump plates – Signal, Hancock, Mohawk, Polly, Flying A, Douglas, Richfield, PDQ, Stinker, Beeline, Neon , Dealership.

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Cool project, looks like you are doing it right. About the dental stuff, i dig those old cablespring drills, must turn healthy rpms?? are the near as fast as todays stuff, i think those are air turbine??

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Curious as a kat, a buddy uses one of them drills instead of a dremel..dodogas

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
The air turbines today go up to 500,000 RPM's. The old ones; you would be lucky to hit 75,000 RPM's. I'm not exactly sure on the speed of the old ones since I never really used them.

------------------
~Jason

~Jason

6 ft signs & rare pump plates – Signal, Hancock, Mohawk, Polly, Flying A, Douglas, Richfield, PDQ, Stinker, Beeline, Neon , Dealership.

Nice camera. I should have one soon. You sure know a lot about pumps for the first one. Must have a good teacher. Who found you that cool dental stuff. Ted (DAD)

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Yeah, some old guy that lives east of Lodi in the country knows "a little" about restoring pumps and is giving me some pointers.

------------------
~Jason

~Jason

D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
He who makes Horses laugh,

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
...in a 55 gallon drum.

~Jason

F
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
F
This "baby boomer" remembers that old dental stuff well...not fondly tho. It was tough to hit that "spit bowl" while numb...and when I look at those pictures I can hear and smell that drill

------------------
Frank

Frank
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Jason..you should change your ID tag to "Pump "N" Cavatites"...LOL...Maybe not.
---------------------------------------------
hubba

Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Seattle WA
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Only if Dwaine Buck the king of Seaside changes his to "seaman"

------------------
~Jason

~Jason

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Jason...what a perfect comeback...but enough of this crazy shannanagans before we get in trouble. LOL
---------------------------------------------
Hubba sayin Teds Son is Funny!! me likes me likes

Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Seattle WA
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
I think PollyPainMan has a nice ring to it, you and HubBa are bro's, inflicting pain and getting paid for it!! LOL..dodogas

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I like that.

------------------
~Jason

~Jason

C
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
I really like that old dental stuff...
That one unit sorta looks like a old bowser pumpkinhead pump that someone attatched a sink to.
Definetly cool. Thanks for sharing.

But since your the pollyman, how about some pics of some polly stuff?

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
maybe I should be called polyfan, I'm just starting my collection - my first pump will be polly and I'm working on becoming the ultimate polly collector someday. I have only been out of dental school for 3 years so its hard to collect when all your money is going to education, but now I can have some fun!!!

------------------
~Jason

~Jason

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved