Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
jkyocom Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I know it's not the most athstetic pump, but it is the FIRST gas pump I ever used.

The GASBOY "Rotaboy" was in service on my grandfather's dairy farm in Elverson, PA. The 4" coupling at the bottom went over a pipe that came up from an underground storage tank. My grandfather said it was there when he bought the farm in 1957.( officially named "DOGPATCH",later ) When I got the pump, the original GASBOY brass dry hose nozzle was still there.
Pop didn't throw much stuff away.
I was around 6 or 7 yrs old when I first got to fill a tractor with it. It was like a special treat to me to be able to use it. For some strange reason I LOVED the smell of gasoline when I was a kid....Destiny?? My cousin showed me how to "recirculate" the gas by placing the nozzle into the fill pipe, that way you could pump till the cows ....well, you know what I mean. I got in trouble quite a few times over it too !! It's funny how MOMS can smell gasoline on you when you can't.
The pump was in service untill 2002. I had asked for it if it ever got replaced. A few years ago I brought it Georgia, and it sat.
I got motivated again after joining Oldgas.
Dawn at Cheese's restored the face.My career auto body brother in law painted it and the Revere pole for me. I found a heavy steel flange at the plumbing suppy house to use for a base. It has a 3" nipple screwed into the flange and the set screws in the 4" coupling hold it tight.

The nozzle receiver/hose outlet is also embossed with the Gasboy name....Just an ugly simple little pump, but every time I look at it I am reminded of being a kid and all the family I have in PA., Yocoms and Yocums.
Who knows, some of you guys up there may have gotten milk or ice cream from a cow that was fed by the work of a tractor that was powered by the gas that this pump supplied. Heck, I may have pumped it too.
Maybe I will have the dome and pole finished for the Revere Light soon. Then it's back to the 245 Bowser Oil Pump....I started on it 20 yrs ago......
Thanks for looking,
Joe

Veeder Root Rebuilds.....since 1987
Veeder Root Identification CD
Gas Pump Clock Repair
jkyocom@bellsouth.net
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Good Pump and Good Story Joe. Thanks for sharing.
Mike

V
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
V
Joe,
We had the same pump on my parents farm. My fondest memories of it were not filling up the tractor...it was when I got my license and first car and used to sneak gas out of it. Until my Dad caught me. I dont even want to think about it now!
John

[This message has been edited by Vermonter (edited 02-08-2008).]

Wanted: Original Jenney Gas, Husky, Marathon, and Frontier Globes

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved