Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Classifieds | Bookstore | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#82755 - Thu Jul 20 2006 02:52 PM Re: JULY....Sign of the Month.......Your Favorites
Gary Drye Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Clarksville, Tn. USA
Two signs I am rather fond of. Texaco is common, but I've always liked this earliest version sign.

Not too common Pan Am

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#82756 - Fri Jul 21 2006 06:37 AM Re: JULY....Sign of the Month.......Your Favorites
Scott Shipers Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Kansas City, Missouri
Nice signs guys.

Keep them coming.

Greg lets some some more of
the other walls.

------------------
Scott Shipers
Kansas City, MO

#82757 - Fri Jul 21 2006 09:05 AM Re: JULY....Sign of the Month.......Your Favorites
bustermonty Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Indianapolis IN USA
Here are some of my favorite tin signs.
Too hard to choose one.

#82758 - Fri Jul 21 2006 10:03 AM Re: JULY....Sign of the Month.......Your Favorites
powerlube Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Parker, CO
Favorite sign that was for sale on oldgas this year:

#82759 - Fri Jul 21 2006 08:03 PM Re: JULY....Sign of the Month.......Your Favorites
Pablo Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: El Dorado Hills, CA
All personal favorites and rare...

#82760 - Fri Jul 21 2006 08:42 PM Re: JULY....Sign of the Month.......Your Favorites
Blackout Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: MI, USA
Just a few of my tin favorite's

WTB. Erie 70 top,Arizona quarts,Indian signs/cans, Musgo/Shell/Speedway 79/Wolfs Head items,graphic signs/cans,#616-886-4917

#82761 - Fri Jul 21 2006 09:12 PM Re: JULY....Sign of the Month.......Your Favorites
Scott Shipers Offline
Veteran Member

Here are a few of my favorites. Wish the Jayhawk was better but I got it cheap.

------------------
Scott Shipers
Kansas City, MO

#82762 - Fri Jul 21 2006 09:14 PM Re: JULY....Sign of the Month.......Your Favorites
Scott Shipers Offline
Veteran Member

This isn't gas and oil related but this porcelain thermometer is also one of my favorites. 2nd picture is the detail.

------------------
Scott Shipers
Kansas City, MO

#82763 - Sat Jul 22 2006 08:22 PM Re: JULY....Sign of the Month.......Your Favorites
Wes Maxwell Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Central Ohio
Here are a couple of my favorite signs that belong to me. The 6 foot HC was the first porcelain sign that I ever bought. I also paid more for it than any other sign I have bought since. I got ti from Jackie Knott and I believe it is the same sign that is in the "Sinclair Collectibles" book on page 64. (The book says it is a 48" but looking at the building I would think it is a 72"

This second sign also came from Jack and is on page 88 of the book.

And this last sign is one that I have never seen another one like in person or in pictures. If anyone has a map or a post card with a picture of it on it, I would like to see it. I have it is below a 5 foot trapazoid sign and probably was ment to be below the bigger size.

#82764 - Sat Jul 22 2006 10:06 PM Re: JULY....Sign of the Month.......Your Favorites
Wes Maxwell Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Central Ohio
Here are a few more favorites that are not mine. I saw these in various collections and at the gas shows. I posted the first picture once before, three signs that I never saw another example of.

A couple on the display pole

Couple more

In a collection out west

#82765 - Sun Jul 23 2006 06:48 AM Re: JULY....Sign of the Month.......Your Favorites
Tokheim Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: NW PA
No signs in my collection that would make you guys say "wow", but I guess this is my favorite.

OK I guess a poster is not a sign, but it's my favorite non-petro collectible on the wall.

"Dying aint much of a livin' boy..."

#82766 - Sun Jul 23 2006 04:40 PM Re: JULY....Sign of the Month.......Your Favorites
gatorgaspumps Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Walla Walla, WA USA
I don't have many signs but this is my favorite because it was given to me. It was found underneath a old saddle shop. Richard

[This message has been edited by gatorgaspumps (edited 07-23-2006).]

[This message has been edited by gatorgaspumps (edited 07-23-2006).]

#82767 - Sun Jul 23 2006 06:37 PM Re: JULY....Sign of the Month.......Your Favorites
thepepboys Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Lake Elsinore, Ca. U.S.A
Some of my favorites

#82768 - Mon Jul 24 2006 08:25 PM Re: JULY....Sign of the Month.......Your Favorites
Gaspedler Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Lebanon, Indiana. USA
tokheim, thanks for the memories.... I am a big Clint Eastwood fan. Have all his westerns.... But that particular movie, well, I was in college and working nights at a theater. We ran that for almost 3 months. I knew every line in it...lol.

Old "Theatre" by the way. Converted to a movie theater. Still had dressing rooms, long hall ways behind the walls, under the floor and over the top. Got errie at night when closing. Sure wish I had saved all those Movie posters I threw away now.....
Chuck

#82769 - Tue Jul 25 2006 02:33 AM Re: JULY....Sign of the Month.......Your Favorites
Hemibird Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Colorado Springs, CO
Here's one of my favorites!

------------------
Chuck

Signs Wanted: Sunset, Clipper, Habor, Indian, Powerlube, Beacon, Sinclar Aircraft

[This message has been edited by Hemibird (edited 07-25-2006).]

[This message has been edited by Hemibird (edited 07-25-2006).]

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2016 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved