Next Thread
Print Thread
#83351 Tue Feb 24 2004 09:39 PM
T
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
T
Alright who ended up with the "conoco ETHYL" script top (top) that ended on ebay 2-night?

i sure did want it but i didnt want to pay up!!!

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#83352 Tue Feb 24 2004 11:37 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
How much did it fetch??

Rob

#83353 Tue Feb 24 2004 11:48 PM
T
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
T
SEVEN HUNDRED & SIXTY CLAMS!

i thought it would look pretty sexy next to my N-TANE! i have an extra 80 with bullseye faces screaming out for for this top......BUT i guess i just wasnt in the buying mood!?!?!

#83354 Wed Feb 25 2004 03:41 PM
M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
Hey, you wouldn't happen to have a Ad glass top on that 80 would you?
-Mike

#83355 Wed Feb 25 2004 07:49 PM
T
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
T
well there was a REAL NICE ad glass top on it with conoco ad glass but i sold it.

since we are in showcase & stories ill tell the story:
I had no ad glass tops for an 80, then right up the street from where i work a MINT Wayne 80 showed up with a big FOR SALE sign on it! i pulled in & its a pump (water pump) repair septic place. the dude says $25.00 AND he just gave the pump a once over & it works beautiful!!! so i gave him 25 & had myself a nice nice straight clean pump, with ETHYL ad glasses! the pump had NO site glass, never came with it, but the tops dished for a globe. i guess it sat behind his building covered for years, they used it but it was hidden.
i couldnt stand owning it without site glass so i put a flat top on it & GAVE IT AWAY FREE to a friend of mine.
then about 2 weeks or a month later a truck pulling a trailer pulls in & its loaded with scrap iron going to the crusher & the driver says i was told to stop on my way & sell you this pump on my load. ALRIGHT another M&S 80 w/ad glass top, no doors or pump mech, it has the conoco ad glass in it & not a dent in it! another $25.00 so i paid it! NOW the guy says i like you heres my address & i have a twin to this pump in my yard & its complete & FREEEEEEEEEEEEEE if you get it outta there!!! SO I DID!!! it was 20 miles away & i zoooooomed over & loaded it. so i go from no ad glass to 3 in a month! THEN i go to Rochester petroleum co. (gas pump service) i buy one complete red flat top 80 pump & one green one for $20.00 each.
im cookin now!
I just looked up the date i bought all this stuff early in 1993!
some friend of mine whined & whined to buy an ad glass top from me so i told him to just take one & quit whinnin!!! LOL! but he ended up getting a script top later & was going to give me the top back, & i now remember trading him for some car parts. SO IM DOWN TO ONE AD TOP ILL KEEP.

i saw ad glass tops selling pretty high so i thought OK ill sell one & go get a repop script top for about the same money!
now im thinking maybe i should have an original!?!?!

WHO HAS ONE? WHAT BRAND? HOW MUCH?

[This message has been edited by tom 2 tone (edited 02-25-2004).]

#83356 Sat Feb 28 2004 09:48 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Tom 2 Tone, That was an awsome story!! I now have a adglass top , mobilgas script metal, and the mobilgas Special metal script.But I just got them and, I am sorry I can't part with them just yet.

Happy pumping, Rob

[This message has been edited by Gas Pump Rob (edited 02-28-2004).]

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved