Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#8546 Wed Mar 10 2004 06:56 AM
keithia Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I am finishing up my National 64 which is basically the same as a Tok 39 but with a different top. I am to the point were I am putting the stainless trim piece back on that the door slides up under. When I removed it origianlly it had a thick piece of rubber (1/4 inch or so) between the top and the stainless trim. I assume this rubber is to hold the trim out from the top a little to let the doors slide under. Anyway, the old rubber is falling apart and is no good, but it is needed to be on there because the trim will not fit the top right without it also. I have not seen this rubber in the supply books. So my question is, what do you guys do to in this situation to make it work? I have some foam pipe insulation that is about the right thickness that I was thinking of trying to use. Maybe this rubber is unique to the National 64 also because it has a different top?? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Keith

Drive with Care and Buy Sinclair!! I buy Sinclair globes, signs, cans, ect.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Keith, I use a couple of small flat washers per bolt. The trim hides them and allows the trim piece to stick out just enough for the door to slide under.

keithia Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Thanks! I'll give it a try.

Drive with Care and Buy Sinclair!! I buy Sinclair globes, signs, cans, ect.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved