Next Thread
Print Thread
#86103 Fri Feb 06 2004 07:05 PM
G
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
G
My name is Neal Dunn, aka gas pump freak, from Wilmington, North Carolina. I have been asked and am honored to host POTM starting Feb 21st. I have been a collector for approx 2 years and a member of oldgas since the summer of 2003. My computer crashed a few weeks ago and for some strange reason I had to get a new password and start over on oldgas, that's why the "member since" date and number of posts make me look like a newborn, but that's neither here nor there. My main reason for this post is to get some input from you fellow members regarding POTM. My recruiter Bob (aka Lastgas) has told me basically what to do regarding the format but I thought this would be a good time for some enhanced ideas before I jump into the driver's seat. Feel free to reply here on oldgas, e-mail me directly, call my cell at 910-231-0470 or call my home at 910-283-2172. I am truly honored, I will give it 110% and the only way it will be a first class affair is if you and our fellow members will post replies (info, pictures, pertinent stories, etc.) to each POTM feature. THANKS! Sincerely, Neal Dunn gpf

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#86104 Fri Feb 06 2004 07:18 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Neal..I have every confidence you will do an outstanding Job. Congrats on Hosting POTM. I look forward to viewing and participating when I can. Thanks for taking the position on this very cool reserected thread.

------------------
Hubba the GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Shoreline WA

Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Seattle WA
#86105 Fri Feb 06 2004 08:36 PM
P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
Hi.Neal I had the same problem a couple
weeks ago with the lost password,posts,and
member since info.So what looks like one
newbie to another,congrats on doing POTM
This is my favorite format.

------------------
JERRY

JERRY
#86106 Fri Feb 06 2004 09:15 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Neal has some interesting things planned. Please give him your support. All of the ".....Of The Month" and ".....Of The Week" features need your participation.
Bob

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
#86107 Fri Feb 06 2004 09:43 PM
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
I can't wait to post and view some of the other pumps for pump of the month!
Congrats Neal!

Scott

Scott
Wanted- Powerine and Powerlube items!
#86108 Sun Feb 08 2004 05:34 PM
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
Congratulations neal I know you will do a great job.

One thought is not to commit yourself to a month. If picture submitions dry up after 1 week, two weeks or 3 weeks why not move onto another pump.

Also as I shared with the moderator I would like to see a pump album just like the oil cans. If I am getting ready to paint my Tokheim 39 and can't decide which oil company to go with, it sure would be nice to go to one page and see the same model painted as a Gilmore, Sinclair, Musgo, Top Hat, Flying A, etc, etc. I know it can't be done by searching but it's not the same. That is why you go to a car lot where you can see the same car in 15 different colors side by side so you can decide what you like the best. This would also allow you to submit your latest work of art without neccesarily waiting a year and a half till your model was pump of the month.

Just my nickels worth but I think it is worth considering. Some of these restorers are real craftsmen & it would be nice to see their work to inspire the rest of us like Gary Drye's Tokheim 850.

#86109 Sun Feb 08 2004 06:05 PM
G
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
G
Tim, thanks for the input! Speaking of Gary Drye, I just drove to his house and purchased some unrestored pumps from him. Gary and Carla are real good people. I must also say that Gary has built himself quite a diverse petro collection. Gary is a good example for myself and many to follow! Sincerely, Neal Dunn gpf

#86110 Sun Feb 08 2004 07:09 PM
J
J
Might be fun to include both a before and after picture of your POTM enrty...how many of you guys keep a pictue of the mess you acquired before you work your magic on it?

#86111 Sun Feb 08 2004 07:37 PM
Neal,
Thanks for taking on the Pump of the Month. There is literally a crowd of people on the edge of their keyboards loving those gas pump pictures.

Tim,
I think the pump album is a good idea. I'm collecting images as they are posted on Shop Talk. Right now I'm struggling to get the oil can album up to date along with the normal amount of stuff to do. A pump album is definitely on the "To Do" list.

------------------
Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved