Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#86449 Wed Oct 01 2003 08:53 AM
djhubba Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Hi everyone. I started quart of the Month a couple of weeks ago around the 15th. I was planning to start a new letter on the 15th of each month..but have had some input on starting it on the first of the Month (giving the A's only a couple of weeks up. I have also had some members say we should do a new letter every 2 weeks. Any thoughts? My first thought about this thread was to do one letter a Month ...that way members who dont check in every day like some of us hardcore gas geeks could participate ...also this would Give Jim (who is busy with that new Beautiful grandDaughter of his) more time to snag the pics for the oldgas album. What do you all think? This forum is great because of all the different views and input so I need some now...LOL. Should we do 1 or 2 letters a month? should we begin a new thread on the 1st or the 15th?
Thanks in advance for your input and everyone making "quart of the month" a success.
--------------------------------------------
Hubba, your quart Jester

Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Seattle WA
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#86450 Wed Oct 01 2003 09:17 AM
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
One a month works for me, i still have those pics you cant open, aero-shell asbestonus and an Autolene. Some months I think you will need to combine a few letters like u@v or xyz...............

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> If you dont fit in LocoFranks train, put a saddle on the locomotive and ride it..LMAO..dodogas

[This message has been edited by dodogas (edited 10-01-2003).]

#86451 Wed Oct 01 2003 11:18 AM
F
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
F
Hubba,
Whatever y'all decide is irrelevant to me cause I have less than 50 quarts----I'm just tickled that you came up with the idea and stoked that so many people are kickin in pictures. I think it's really cool, with everybody sharin'.
All I can think of that applies is one letter a month will make the idea go on for nearly two years! Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

I love this place......

mike(with a goofy grin)

#86452 Wed Oct 01 2003 03:29 PM
There are letters of the alphabet that have lots of oil companies and brandnames and some than have few or none. For the letters that have a potential of a lot of cans, let that one letter run for a month to give everyone time to take the pictures, upload them and post them on the topic. For the lesser used letters, 2 to 4 letters a month may still not draw a lot of pictures. I can see the guys with S and T cans chomping at the bit. Be patient. If you have only a few months to live and can't wait, send me your can images and I'll be sure to post them when the time comes.

Take a look at the Oil Can Album as it is right now. Some letters have a lot, some don't. See which letters can be bunched together. I haven't inserted the new "A" cans yet.

------------------
Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
#86453 Wed Oct 01 2003 04:45 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hubba,
One letter per month. I don't think you need to do multiple letters any month. Jim mentioned looking in the can album to get an idea of what letters you might need to group together. Last I looked most of the cans in the album were mine. I have a very limited collection of cans, so I don't think the existing album is a good way to gauge it. All of my quarts except the Sinclair cans are already in the album. When you get to "S" I'll post them.

Start on the first of the month.
When we started pump,sign, and globe of the month we staggered them. I think we ought to keep it that way. You can start quarts on the first, whoever is going to oversee pumps can start around the 7th, I'll start globes around the 15th, then the person in charge of signs can start around the 21st. No-one will be limited to posting picks just that one week. Pictures can be submitted anytime up to the point the next featured company or letter is posted.

There are a couple of reasons for staggering our "-----of the month" features. One reason is we'll have new stuff to look at all the time.
another reason is alot of guys need help with pictures. It might be kind of tough to get everything posted if we do them all at once.
Just my opinion,
Pops

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
#86454 Wed Oct 01 2003 04:48 PM
R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
Quart Jester,thank you.
Either way is fine add extra letters for the lesser number of quarts.
Can we make more pages?So it will load faster?
Thanks Rex

------------------

#86455 Wed Oct 01 2003 08:05 PM
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
Geez Hubba, you started this deal, you figure it out!!! You have more &^%#$% cans than anyone except Fred. See you at Fred's in 2 weeks. Anyone that hasn't decided if you're going to Fred Stoke's bash in Santa Rosa or not......GO!!!!!!! Big time fun plus LOTS of cool stuff to see (not to mention 10,000 different qt cans!!)

#86456 Wed Oct 01 2003 10:42 PM
djhubba Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Thanks everyone for the input. Sounds great. Scott has started the B's off this Month...nice stuff. I will post more soon. I would like to Welcome Tom Stover to the madness. Toms a Buddy of Mine and its great to see him posting with all of us Gas Geeks. Have a great night all.
--------------------------------------------
Hubba

Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Seattle WA
#86457 Thu Oct 02 2003 07:11 AM
I say once a month. I leave the computer for a couple hours and The B cans are started. Scott you are a young bull if you know what I mean. Hubba you started it so you run it and just let us know what you decide. I guess I'll throw on my B's. Ted

#86458 Fri Oct 03 2003 03:36 PM
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Hey Tom, glad to have you on board, Hubba as Jim an Bob said, we on the left don't have a clue of how many the companies on the right had, I think you should give each letter a full month. Jim is also trying to pull the images off for the album too. besides washing dippers. an fixing a few meals, burpping that ol mean baby. went by my oldest Gran-daughters an seen my Graet Gran-Daughter, you got the ball Hubba. Like I told you the other day , I'll post when you all are finished,

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved