Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Classifieds | Bookstore | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#87435 - Sun Feb 11 2007 08:53 PM Re: F.A.T.W. -- Found Along The Way -- February 2007
THE AMERICAN GARAGE Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: PECONIC BAY, L.I., NY, USA
HEY CJ! LOOKS FAMILIAR...WHERE'S IS THAT?

~DOC

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#87436 - Sun Feb 11 2007 09:10 PM Re: F.A.T.W. -- Found Along The Way -- February 2007
CJ Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: NEW YORK (LONG ISLAND)
HEY DOC, EAST MEADOW. HOW WAS THE GAS BASH?

#87437 - Mon Feb 12 2007 05:46 AM Re: F.A.T.W. -- Found Along The Way -- February 2007
Veteran Member

I WILL HAVE PICTURES UP SOON! IT WAS STICKER SHOCK CITY! BUT I DID FIND A FEW ITEMS. I SAW A COKE FISHTAIL SIGN FOR $550.00 WHEN I WAS BUYING THE SAME IN QUANTITY 22 YEARS AGO IN $20-$35 RANGE AT CARLISLE! :eek!: GOOD CROWD THOUGH.

THERE WAS A SIMILAR GAS STATION TO YOURS IN N. BELLMORE BUT WAS A SINCLAIR AND IS NOW A AMBULANCE STATION.

~DOC

#87438 - Mon Feb 12 2007 02:32 PM Re: F.A.T.W. -- Found Along The Way -- February 2007
CJ Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: NEW YORK (LONG ISLAND)
Doc,There also was the Filling Station Pub in Bellmore. I supplied him with a lot of gas & oil stuff for the bars decor. That Tok 39 over the bar was mine at one time.....CJ

#87439 - Tue Feb 13 2007 08:47 PM Re: F.A.T.W. -- Found Along The Way -- February 2007
Veteran Member

WE WERE HEADING BACK FROM A SLIGHTLY UPSTATE N.Y. EXPLORE YESTERDAY AFTERNOON WHEN MY FRIEND'S FANBELT BROKE AND LEFT US STRANDED IN ORANGEBURG NEAR THE JERSEY BORDER. THIS MORNING I NOTICED THIS ABANDONED STATION ADJACENT TO THE HOLIDAY INN WE STAYED AT:

I FOUND AN OPEN SHED OUT BACK WITH PAPER DATED AS LATE AS 1999. AMAZING WHAT 7.5 YEARS WILL DO TO A PLACE! (ROUTE 303 IN ORANGEBURG, NY).

~DOC

#87440 - Tue Feb 13 2007 08:54 PM Re: F.A.T.W. -- Found Along The Way -- February 2007
Veteran Member

ONCE WE LOCATED A GARAGE IN ORANGEBURG TO REPLACE THE BELT, WE DROVE OVER TO THIS MOBIL STATION WHICH HAS THE CLASSIC ROUND SHOWROOM/OFFICE STYLE ARCHITECTURE SOMETIMES SEEN FROM THE POST WAR PERIOD. ALTHOUGH HARD TO SEE IT WITH ALL THE CHANGES MADE, THE CONVENIENCE STORE HAS A ROUNDED ENTRY FASCADE:

ONCE THE CAR WAS PULLED INSIDE FOR THE JOB, I NOTICED THESE TWO GEMS IN THE SHOP AREA:

SIX FIL-PRUF BOTTLES IN THAT RACK!

THE OWNER ALTHOUGH A FOREIGNER, KNEW WHAT HIS GOODS WERE WORTH. IT MADE THE WAIT WORTH IT!

~DOC

#87441 - Wed Feb 14 2007 08:09 PM Re: F.A.T.W. -- Found Along The Way -- February 2007
sanford Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Jackson, MO, USA
Thermactor,
By any chance is that Sinclair station in Sikeston, MO? That's about 30 or forty miles south of me.

tony

#87442 - Fri Feb 16 2007 05:32 PM Re: F.A.T.W. -- Found Along The Way -- February 2007
cmeon66 Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Clinton, Illinois, U S A
An antique dealer friend of mine gave me this 1912, pocket calender. It is not a great item, but is certanly a refining company I have not heard of. Maybe some of you oldgassers from Indiana are familier with it.it measures 3 1/4 x 2 1/4 inches

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2016 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved