Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
F
local Cities Service/Citgo oil dealer/Goodyear tire dealer, opened in the late 20's, closed in the late 80's. Before y'all get to salivating too much, it's been picked over for probably 30 years---I got the remains of all the pumps about 8 years ago(all laying in the woods next to a creek)--no really good stuff left. My friend that owns it now(his grandparents started the oil co.)is planning to tear down the original oil co office/bulk plant storage, so I offered to help(?) him get some of that old JUNK out of there.I came away with a large truckload of Veeder-Root computers and pump nozzles first off, then started digging thru oil cans/cases(in the dark, I might add). Found a few interesting things(Koolmotor Aero oil, Trojan grease, insect repellant(in glass bottles), Cities Service tires, wax, banners, etc)--I'll get a pic up tomorrow--(might ask Lastgas Bob for help, since he's lamenting on non-participation from the group[I love ya Bob!])I about had heart failure while up in the rafters --a clover-shaped "once-always" lens appeared in the beam of my battery operated flashlight......DANG, it was broke!! I also found pieces of a Cities Service/Acme tire globe(?) lens(flat)Ever see one of thoses? I never have.WAY cool! MAN! The stuff that's out there! There are some oil rack signs, ad glass, and asst. stuff that I'm still trying to buy from the owner, but...? And I don't even collect this brand......
Days like today are what keep me going. I just had to share it with you guys.

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
Thanks for sharing.It puts some spark
back in ya and gets you out looking agian.

------------------
JERRY

JERRY
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
You just gave this Cities Service collector a heart attack,that stuff will fit right in my little station. Let me know if you want to peddle some of that old stuff and I'll see if wifey can find another job to generate some revenue.

D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Damn thats a good story. Gets me fired up to find stuff...

There's no stopping the Cretins from hopping
You've got to keep it beating for the hopping Cretins
A
A
Yup, gotta love bulk plants!!!

Speaking for:
Awesome Consepts Enterprises
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Here are the pics Mike sent me. Looks like some cool stuff!

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Great job getting into the bulk plant. I love that fly spray and have never seen the Koolmotor Aero in red. I have seen a green but not a red. Great job and thanks for sharing the pictures with us. Scott

Scott Shipers
WANTED: quart picture cans
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
MIKE! (fins n vtwins) WOULD YOU BE INTERESTED IN SELLING (OR TRADING) ONE QUART OUTBOARD M.O. CAN? NEED A CITIES SERVICE FOR MY
AMERICAN GARAGE "EAST" DISPLAY.
THANKS IN ADVANCE!

DOC @ TAG's

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Way to go Mike. Looks like some really good stuff. Good job.

G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Well, I went and paid Mr. Mike a visit to deliver some parts and check out his display. He did very well on his bulk plant find and I came away with some really neat items for my collection. His store front display is really cool! He asked me If "I'd ever seen so much junk". I guess you can call a 1963 'vette body with frame, antique cabover grills, and rusty old pumps "junk". It was definetely drool time while I was there. Thanks again Mike for the tour and Cities Service items.

F
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
F
aww shucks Gary....just a buncha junk. I'm almost a RUSTRANCHER(tm)
Just so y'all know, I bought Gary's spare parts, and they are still for sale(I needed the Bennett doors for ME) Holler with your needs.
And Terry,Scott, and DOC,---I'll get with ya when I'm ready to put this Cities Service stuff up for adoption.
Thanks for all the nice comments guys.

Mike in TN

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved