Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#88372 Tue Dec 30 2003 07:18 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I dug up this old foto from 1979. I was out drivin' around one summer day locally looking for interesting subject matter to
shoot photographically. This place was located adjacent to a barn. The pumps looked as though they had been just dropped there and at the time I wasn't into gas pumps. It was just a cool scene to park my '67 Cougar at and shoot some pics. The red pump is a M&S 80 and the green pump is a Tokheim 39 short. I remember photographing about 2 dozen pumps throughout the 80's on eastern long island and now only about 5-6 still exist with no promises of a sale. Today the barn has been converted to a House
and any signs of these two pumps were gone a long time ago...1983? If only I had precognition back then...they'd be mine!

DOC OF THE AMERICAN GARAGES

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#88373 Tue Dec 30 2003 07:50 PM
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
COOL picture!!!
the pumps look lonely sitting there!
didnt you hear them calling out to you to take us home & make us look nice & love & cherish us!??! LOL!

The cougar looks good! first year of the cougar. whats that black lump type thing on the hood of it? OOOOH thats not your camera case is it? LOL!

[This message has been edited by tom 2 tone (edited 12-30-2003).]

#88374 Tue Dec 30 2003 09:38 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
t2t - not my camera case (camera's have cases???), but a 2nd hood I had got for free and added a hood scoop and hood pins to. I also had a 1965 Mustang Convert 289-4BBL (& Dual quad Holleys)
Crager wheels, Hurst shifter, 13:1 Comp
race cam. Used airplane fuel in it alot or
Cam 2 fuels 100+ Octane $2.89/gal. in 1981! Too bad the unibody was hurtin'.
Sold it to a guy in brooklyn and his friend was drivin' it around. The oil cooler hose
broke off and the engine seized! That engine made the car! Cherry bombs were
crazy loud. My neighbors hated me! (LOL).

DOC @ T.A.G.

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
#88375 Tue Dec 30 2003 10:51 PM
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
they burnt the mustang motor down!!!! BUMMER!

I like the cougar! you had yourself a 67 eliminator!
i remember a dude around here that got a 68 mustang his Dad bought NEW! it was a notch back & when he finally got it, it was GONE! the rear wheelwells were 10 inches taller than normal from RUST!!! he had the little V8 gone through & man did it have power!!! automatic trans, & he would smoke those tires like cRaZy right up through high gear! it was SUPER SQUIRRELLLLY & it would be shoulder to shoulder on a 4-lane road! the fun only lasted a month or 2 & i cant remember what exactly happened to it but i remember he was in soooooooo much trouble with the law he was trying to sell it but he continued to drive it & i cant remember but i think he folded er up somewhere & since it was so rusty it became CRUSH material!?! didnt even crush out $$$ good since it was so far gone! LOL!!!!!!!!

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved