Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#88451 Tue Sep 27 2005 04:37 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Geez... Who was it? Gatorgaspumps? You said that Tokheim 142 might be my first pump, but definitely wouldn't be my last... Well...
I just picked up a Bowser 41 today. It's like a curb pump - made to pump from an underground tank, and is surprisingly similar to my Tokheim, except for this aspect. Leave it to me to find two 90 year old pumps in a week that both look similar...

It came from an auction, along with the cans you see that will be posted in more detail in next Sunday's BOTW.

The pump is a Bowser model 41. It has moveable stops for different volumes, simlar to my Tokheim, but a little more primitive. There's a lead safety wire that prevents tampering with this part, and it has a date stamp on it from 1925. I figure that was the last time it was serviced/calibrated. I think the pump is older than that, but not sure... There are two cracked off pieces of the castings, but I have both pieces - nothing is missing. Everything's all frozen up though.

Now for the pics:

I think that B logo on the valve is for Bowser, but not sure. The Oval Bowser tag is still intact with model and serial number, as well as the other tag with the volume settings.

Neat pump - not sure what I'm going to do with it yet...

Wes

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#88452 Tue Sep 27 2005 06:16 PM
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
Wes, if you want, you can get out now. Just ship BOTH pumps to me. A.S.A.P. (prepaid)I'll deal with the problem here.

We can probably make arrangements for relocation/protection for you. As for the pumps, they will go into protective custody. Visitations will be handled on an as needed basis...ROTFLMAO....

Welcome to the club. Hang on the ride can be quite exciting from here....

#88453 Tue Sep 27 2005 06:40 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
and E X P E N S I V E !
db

#88454 Tue Sep 27 2005 06:46 PM
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Your on your way, too late to bail out now. Better start the plans for an extra workshop/show room. Richard

#88455 Tue Sep 27 2005 08:27 PM
G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
I like the 84 Hurst Olds in the background. A friend of mine has one just like it with moonroof and it's mint. A 1977 (1 of 1) just sold on ebay for $28K

Vern

#88456 Wed Sep 28 2005 08:13 AM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Hah - I dunno... I don't think I need intervention/rehabilitation just yet... I'll let you know though

If anyone has any info on this thing, please let me know... It seems like I always find things that nobody else has much info on... Whether that's a curse or a blessing, i'm not certain...

Thanks for the compliments on the car Vern. She's my baby - not my first Olds, but definitely one I'll never sell - A joy to drive. I've got 5 other Oldses too I was watching Jeff's 77 H/O sell on ebay, wishing I had more money...

Thanks again,
Wes

#88457 Wed Sep 28 2005 08:18 AM
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
I like it, first theres one then two then all off a sudden the garage is full. Enjoy the pumps and let us see them as you restore them.

Scott
Wanted- Powerine and Powerlube items!

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved