Next Thread
Print Thread
#88876 Sun Jan 04 2004 02:16 PM
T
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
T
ID LIKE TO KNOW EVERYONES SECRETS FOR FINDING PUMPS OUT IN THE WILD!!!!!!!!

i sometimes go on a gravel road cruise & look for pumps & sometimes i even find some!

i see these milk truck drivers & i know theyre all picking up milk on farms! from farm to farm they go.
these guys always have a custom painted big rig with flames or whatever & mega chrome & polished out stainless steel tanks & are they ever haulin BUTT everytime i see one! i asked one at breakfast one morning if he ever sees any old gas pumps on farms?! he said OLD RUSTY GAS PUMPS??? MAN when those wheels on my truck arent turnin i aint makin no MOOOOOLA i dont have time to look for old gas pumps! LOL!!!!!!! i said youve got time for breakfast so make some time heres my number ill make it right with you. LOL!
another milk truck driver told me he finds them once in awhile but hes got a neighbor that he finds pumps & old bicycles for.

BUT what ive done the last few years is got ahold of a guy who also visits farms for his job. he found me a wayne 70 that was in a fire! (junk but free) then he found me a wayne 70 cut down (par-tee conversion) that a guy used to pump DIRTY motor oil!!! YEECCCCCCHHHHHHHHH what a messy pump but NO RUST on that one! so i grabbed him by the hair next time he was over & showed him a wayne 60. i said look from the front, see how this pump is curved from front to back? FIND ME SOME!!!!
SO HE DID!!!!!!!!!!! & he still does!!! i pay him well! (3 wayne 60s from that guy so far, including that narrow 60 i just got. that pump was right under everyones nose & was never spotted by any pump hounds!)

ive snagged a couple from out of the news paper.

HOW DO YOU DO IT??? LET THE SECRETS OUT!!!

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#88877 Sun Jan 04 2004 02:38 PM
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Tom , I think you dont need anymore help, you are doin Ok already!!

I have let out a few tips on here before, but cant tell anymore. Simple reason, other Oldgas members living too close, it will just come back to bite me!!!

So you others who dont have any competition near you, maybe they will let out the secrets. But you may regret leaking them out when all of a sudden someone else uses your idea to clean out your immediate area!!

Older & more treacherous dodogas!!
Zip-Loc lips dont sink Ships!!

[This message has been edited by dodogas (edited 01-04-2004).]

#88878 Sun Jan 04 2004 03:40 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
dodogas,
Your suppose'ta HTH, Not yourself !!!!!!! LOL
Dick

#88879 Sun Jan 04 2004 04:09 PM
T
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
T
LOL!!!!! YEAH Dodogas!!! "YOUR BUSTED" tryin to keep the whole scene to yourself man!!!!
alright
we'll settle for a nice pump story from you instead!!!
& Dick we never got your pump finding ways either!!!!!!!

#88880 Sun Jan 04 2004 04:09 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
So T2Tone this ""guy who also visits farms for his job."" exactly what is his job???

Wanted early tin litho signage.
petro, farm, auto, etc.
#88881 Sun Jan 04 2004 04:18 PM
T
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
T
i forgot!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!

NO MAN HE PUTS NEW YARD LIGHTS IN OR SOMETHIN!??!!!!! sometimes he just pulls in an interesting place to check there yard lights. or i mean goes up in the bucket & looks the place over for tom-2-tone!!!!!
LOL!!!!!

is that cheating?!!!!!!!!

#88882 Sun Jan 04 2004 04:35 PM
T
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
T
ALRIGHT.........
i keep seeing these new pump finds posted & want to know how one goes about finding them!!!

its a whole new year man & i wanna see all kinds of pictures of new pumps found.
so lay some pump finding TIPS on us! DONT HOLD BACK! NO ZIP-LOC LIPS!!! just BLURT it right out!!!!!!!!!!!! HTH!!!

#88883 Sun Jan 04 2004 07:18 PM
Here is my new way for finding wayne 60's.

I am going to purchace a cabin or small hut in Rochester MN. Then I am going to follow Tom around and club him in the knee after he gets a new 60. This should be good for about 20 wayne 60's a year I figure.

I dont have any secret ways of finding pumps. I just do the usual hunting, trading with friends, and newspaper ads.

Ryan

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

#88884 Sun Jan 04 2004 07:26 PM
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Ryan, try this its easier, just put a GPS under his truck, when he stops more than a 1/2 hr off the beaten track, go there, find the pump. Ask what the most is they been offered and up the price a bit, ha ha
Works good on pickers too..LOL

I notice a lot of the guys with mucho pumps are being really silent..LOL..dodogas

D Bennett I think HTH does not mean HELP TOM HYKE..LOL

[This message has been edited by dodogas (edited 01-04-2004).]

#88885 Sun Jan 04 2004 08:32 PM
G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
Lady Luck,really thats how i do it.Everytime i take my wife she spots pumps,last trip threw a one horse town in texas she yells over there by those big tanks.Sure enough in an abandoned store yard was a wayne 70,a tall 39 and a m&s script top.So far we have collected 40 pumps,mostly rust free and complete,and have only had to pay for 2 of them. Mike

#88886 Sun Jan 04 2004 09:38 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I drive drive drive, then drive drive drive some more, then look over there where?? over by that mobile home with all the piles of junk, old cars , appliances, farm equip. etc. Then knock knock knock on that front door while the dogs go crazy barking. Then go back to the house five more times until someone finally opens the door. OOOOH your husband collects that stuff and won't sell any of it not even that part of a pump laying over there rusting away. How about if I offer a thousand dollars??? BOOOOO We have all been there right?? Then other days SCORE BIG TIME . Smile and LOL all the way home. Great OLD GAS smell all over your clothes and truck. Yeah

Rob

------------------

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved