Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#89987 Mon Dec 20 2004 04:39 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I'm happy to announce that Ethan (Cans and Stuff) has come up with an excellent idea for a "best of" feature.

Here's how it will work:

Each Shop Talk member can vote for up to three items in each of the following catagories:
Pumps
Signs,
Globes,
Cans,
Other.

You don't have to vote in every catagory if you don't want to.

You can contact Ethan seperately for each catagory if you want to. (but please don't email him three times for one catagory).

One vote per item.(you can't give all three votes to one item).

Items must have been pictured in the Showcase forum during 2004.

When you vote, you should tell Ethan what topic, who posted, the date the item was posted, and a brief description so he can be sure to credit the correct item.

You have until midnight Dec. 31, 2004 to get your votes in.

Ethan will probably need a couple days to tally the results. On about the 2nd or 3rd he will post the results.

Ethan will list the top three vote getters in each catagory.

He will also list the top three vote getters over all.

The images will be posted with the results.

Email your votes to

ETHANCARMAN@aol.com

Be sure to include BOSaS2004 in the subject box of your email. Do not try to post your votes. Only email votes will be counted.

This should be fun!

Bob Drake
Lastgas15, Moderator of Showcase and Stories

[This message has been edited by Lastgas15 (edited 12-20-2004).]

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#89988 Mon Dec 20 2004 04:43 PM
G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
Me being the competetive sort that I am (according to wife, offspring, relatives, customers, etc.) I will not vote. Obviously you oldgassers know whom I would "pull for".
Have a Merry Christmas you guys and may 2005 be the best yet!

Neal

#89989 Mon Dec 20 2004 04:49 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Neal, its not a contest between the hosts of our features, but a contest to determine the best ITEMS.
Bob

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

#89990 Mon Dec 20 2004 05:18 PM
G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
Oh Bob, my competitive defense mechanism kicked in! I will get into the normal human mode, read it and then partipate.
GOOD IDEA on this!

Neal

#89991 Tue Dec 21 2004 03:11 PM
C
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
With the support of the members this can be a very interesting display if items, but it cant happen unless you vote. When you get some free time, email your votes to ethancarman@aol.com... I promise it will be worth it in the end.

Ethan

#89992 Wed Dec 22 2004 04:17 PM
G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
For three nights I've been trying, maybe it'll click and I'll understand this. I LOVE stuff like this but I'm still not sure what to do! Regarding the posts of all features, I love them all, HONESTLY, All!!. I will try to understand, get in the mode and participate in this!
Thanks!

Neal

#89993 Wed Dec 22 2004 05:37 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Neal,
Its so simple even I can figure it out!
Pick out your 3 favorite pump images from any topic in the SHOWCASE forum. Send an email to Ethan telling him, the topic, who posted and the date/time and a brief description so he knows what pumps to tally the votes for.

Use the same procedure to vote for your 3 favorite cans, signs, globes, and "other". "Other" would include any other item pictured in the Showcase forum in 2004.....maps, rain gauges, lighters, etc.

I've got my vote in for my favorite 3 cans, now I need to get busy and vote in the other catagories.
Bob

#89994 Thu Dec 23 2004 12:48 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Come on... this would take days... lets vote on the feature instead. example: I would vote for GOTM May 2004. It was Cities Service globes because I can't pick just 1. then pick 1 month from each feature. That's 12 to pick from in each Category and it would be much easier than trying to pick 1 item.

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
#89995 Thu Dec 23 2004 02:06 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Nope.
Ya gotta vote for individual items!

#89996 Thu Dec 23 2004 02:48 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Each Shop Talk member can vote for up to three ITEMS in each of the following catagories:
Pumps
Signs,
Globes,
Cans,
Other.

You don't have to vote in every catagory if you don't want to.

You can contact Ethan seperately for each catagory if you want to. (but please don't email him three times for one catagory).

ONE VOTE PER ITEM.(you can't give all three votes to one item).

Items must have been pictured in the Showcase forum during 2004.

When you EMAIL your vote to Ethan be sure to state what the title of the TOPIC is, WHO posted, DATE & TIME of the post and a BRIEF DESCRIPTION of the Specific item.

In other words don't vote for Wayne 60 or Citie Service globes in general, but a specific Wayne 60 (or 2 or 3 of them) or a SPECIFIC C-S globe (or 2 or 3 of them).

You have until midnight Dec. 31, 2004 to get your votes in.

EMAIL your votes to

ETHANCARMAN@aol.com

Be sure to include BOSaS2004 in the subject box of your email. Do not try to post your votes. ONLY EMAIL VOTES WILL BE COUNTED.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved