Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member

SORRY, A LITTLE LATE TONIGHT. FORGOT I HAD SOME BUYS THIS WEEKEND TO PHOTOGRAPH AND POST. NOTHING STUPENDOUS:

MORE TEXACO GALLON CANS & A QUART:

AN OLDER TEXACO QUART:

THESE FROM YARDSALES:

A VERY OLD 3 IN 1 OIL BOTTLE:

I SEEM TO FIND THIS PRODUCT LOCALLY ALOT, ALTHOUGH NOT MOTOR OIL, STILL HAS NICE GRAPHICS:

SO LET'S SEE WHAT YOU GUYS AND GALS BOUGHT LAST WEEK!

THANKS!

~DOC

[This message has been edited by THE AMERICAN GARAGE (edited 04-22-2007).]

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I picked up a few goodies this weekend....

A nice roll-over can......

A non-petro buy, but the keeper loved this....

She wants this hung up in the entry. She said that ALL the signs should go up. She even said that I could put a pump or two, in there. I guess that makes it a petro score....

[This message has been edited by Thunder II (edited 04-22-2007).]

Anything Chevron
[Linked Image from i17.photobucket.com]
I'd rather be flying.....
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
cool sign thunder,maybe i should try that!heres my botw ist a blue sunoco lens not perfect but thats what upgradeis all about,right? and heres my bennett with all the glass in,and electrified.apoligize in advance to the pump police,i don't have a sinclair ethyl globe(yet!)

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Thanks Mick... I got lucky with that one. But YOU got the score of the week..... Hey. Tell ya' what. I'll trade you my sign, for your pump....... LOL.

Anything Chevron
[Linked Image from i17.photobucket.com]
I'd rather be flying.....
W
W
I am a week late posting my BOTW, I purchased these signs at the Portland Swap Meet, The Pennzoil is porcelain and NOS, the seller had 3 of them, I would appreciate any info on usage of this sign, especially picures of how and where it was used?
Also purchased this Gay Oil sign, and am interested in any history any of you could give me of this company, Yea, I already heard all the San Francisco jokes at the swap meet.

------------------
WANTED
Washington Chief, Oregon Chief, Idaho Chief, Montana Chief, Wasatch

WANTED
Washington Chief, Oregon Chief, Idaho Chief, Montana Chief, Wasatch, Sunset, Veltex, Chevrolet
K
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
K
the pennzoil being bent like that appears to be a pump topper.... the gay oil.... well you heard it all before... lol.... cool stuff...

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
WASHINGTONCHIEF,
I posted a picture of my PENNZOIL WIND SPINNER in the COTM PENNZOIL. I've only seen 1 picture of this spinner atop the canopy of a station on Hwy. 395 in Lone Pine, Ca. [possibly in Check The Oil by Scott Anderson].

At approx. 36" I think it is too big for a pump top spinner.
db

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I HAVE NEVER SEEN OR HEARD OF GAY OILS BEFORE....THIS IS A FIRST....LOOKS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE AND IT'S A FLANGE....OBVIOUSLY A LOCALIZED PRODUCT! COOL FIND FOR SURE!

~DOC

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
A Gay Oil Co. globe was sold last year. It was a 15" or 16-1/2" metal body globe. It was on display at It's A Gas swap meet in January by Lonnie Hop(was already sold).Had the same lighthouse logo on it. Brought a very high price.Might have been a picture of it in PCM magazine.Pat.

Looking for early Pure Oil Company items(Energee,Detonox,Puritan)as well as any Woco Pep items.

Looking for graphic quart cans for my collection.
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
I have a 5 gallon rocker oil can from Gay Oil Company, I believe it was a small Arkansas oil company.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Pat, you've got a good memory. This is the 15" metal framed Gay Oil Co. Avio globe that we picked up down at the Its a Gas! show in Columbia, MO a couple years ago. This globe turned up in southern Missouri or northern Arkansas around 10 years ago and I don't know much of anything about the company. Judging by what Maurice said and where this globe turned up, Arkansas would make sense for company origins. Maurice, do you have a photo of your can? I'd be interested in seeing one, and I'm sure others would as well.

Aaron Hop

Wanted: Ripple Body Globes, picture globe, any Dixie Distributors keyhole gas pump globe and ANYTHING from Old Dutch Refining, Muskegon, MI Musgo sign
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Here is my score from Dixie Gas. I didn't even see it on Thursday and ended up buying it from someone that did some trading for it. Needless to say, I had to give more than what first vendor wanted for it.Pat.

Looking for early Pure Oil Company items(Energee,Detonox,Puritan)as well as any Woco Pep items.

Looking for graphic quart cans for my collection.
K
K
Found these at a garage sale last week.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I didn't get any new buys lately, finally came across a pretty clean Sinclair can. I also got a couple leads on a big plastic Sinclair sign.

US Air Force Retired, 1981-2007
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
Doc sent you a email.
Thanks
Maurice

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings