Sat Sep 08 2007 05:28 PM
Sat Sep 08 2007 05:28 PM
Volusia county, Florida
T
turnipkiller2 Offline OP
turnipkiller2  Offline OP
T
Volusia county, Florida
Hi all, I haven't really had much to show, but today I picked up a few things at a garage sale. From what I understood the fellow who owned the house had died and they were getting rid of "anything that wasn't bolted down." He owned a tire shop here in town that has since been demolished. Here is what I got.

A Motorcraft lightup clock. I put a new cord, ballast starter, and tube in it. It lights up and keeps good time.

I got a whole bunch of these little Phillips 66 bags. I think they may have been sort of a courtesy garbage bag type of thing? I'm not sure how old they are, but the phone number is "RE 4-5051" and I can't ever remember a phone number like that. They must have been all together for a while, I took one off the pile and it pulled small flecks of the ad off, but not too badly as you can see. They have a small amount of yellowing in the corners, but are still pliable as they were brand new. The colours are still very bright too.

This was under a pile of junk on a shelf. It says "Westinghouse Auto Bulbs" on the bracket. I think I shall use it to hold bulbs once again.

All together I spent only 9.50 so I think it was a decent garage sale.

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Re: A few things I picked up #91787
Sun Sep 09 2007 08:21 AM
Sun Sep 09 2007 08:21 AM
Grants Pass, OR, USA
bruzer75 Offline
Veteran Member
bruzer75  Offline
Veteran Member
Grants Pass, OR, USA
Love garage sales like that. Thanks for sharing.
Mike

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun, Watchdog8 

Click for an eBay Search Form and lots more live petro auction listings

Copyright © 2018 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved