Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#92434 Thu Dec 14 2006 06:37 PM
P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
Patrick,
Thanks for the photos and a great story. Glad you were able to add some joy to that old lady's day. I'll bet that little old store had some nice signs and other collectibles before it got raided.

Regards,

Paul

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#92435 Fri Dec 15 2006 03:09 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Larry.....only my friends can call me Paddy!!!!! oh yeah....you are my friend.
Patrick, Pat, Paddy, texaspelican.
WTB Billups, Rose, and Spar

Paddy
Wanted. Billups, Ride with Rose, Har-V, LORECO, STANOCOLA, Pan Am (early), Hurricane, Evangeline, Canal, Gulf Coast, oil companies.
#92436 Sat Dec 16 2006 12:30 PM
M
Mac Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
Great story for sure! Very cool! Class Act!!

Am I blind or do I still see a gas pump in front----second picture of station?

What's going on there?

Mac

#92437 Sun Dec 17 2006 11:41 AM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
The gas pump is a Southwest.....very rough.
The only one left out of the three. Hard to find parts....base is cracked lots of hammer blows to the sheet metal and the rust bugs have taken it's toll over the years.....a past attempt from a thief. People like that makes it only harder for honest collectors.

Paddy
Wanted. Billups, Ride with Rose, Har-V, LORECO, STANOCOLA, Pan Am (early), Hurricane, Evangeline, Canal, Gulf Coast, oil companies.
#92438 Sun Dec 17 2006 01:04 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
On the subject of pump thieves...

I think most of you would be surprised how many people there are that have several pumps in their collection... When you ask how much they paid for this or that they say "nothing, it was free". FREE you ask - "yep" they always say - "the place was abandoned and they got it for free".

I think people just do not understand - everyone ones something - places may look or even be abandoned but someone still OWNS IT!!! Someone still pays TAX’S ON IT!!!

When I was a kid we lived in the “bad part of town” because it was our original ¼ block of homes from the early 1900’s that used to be the “rich part of town”. We were always chasing people out of our chauffeur’s & maid’s quarters & the carriage staging house because "it was abandoned" - hey that stuff in there is STILL OURS!!! It was funny how many of those people we chased out of there were local “high and mighty antique dealers”. They would steal everything from the push button light switches, to the copper wiring and one of them even stole one of our antique Columbus buggy’s from the staging house!!! Grrrrrrrr...

Just last night I saw some things on ebay.com that the people said they got “out of an old abandoned house”.

Whatever! All thieves suck…………

Travis E. Towle
Topeka, Kansas

785-357-1004

#92439 Sun Dec 17 2006 08:25 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hey,Patrick. Nice story. It's people like you that help build the trust and credibility of the honest collector. Way to go.

Tom

aka Alex

Alex
Looking for Texaco and Power Gasoline items
#92440 Tue Dec 19 2006 09:50 AM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
thanks for all the kind words that have been posted. If and when I do get it I will let ya'll know.
Thanks,
Patrick (paddy)

Paddy
#92441 Tue Dec 19 2006 03:27 PM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Paddy,
Awesome story! I love talking with older folks like that. They can share so much from real life experineces that a photo or article can never do. I especially enjoy hearing stories about WWII. Puts a whole different perspective when you talk to someone who lived through it.

------------------
Chuck
smile
Signs Wanted: Sunset, Clipper, Habor, Indian, Powerlube, Beacon, Sinclar Aircraft

Chuck
smile
Signs Wanted: Sunset, Clipper, Harbor, Indian Motorcycle, Powerlube, Beacon, Michelin, Conoco MM
#92442 Tue Dec 19 2006 06:34 PM
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
It always pays to be honest. You get better results that way & it is also nice to see the look on there face when they find the value of the idem they have. Two thumbs up to you thanks for the story it is a good one

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved