Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#92461 Sat Jan 26 2008 08:28 AM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Started helping dad with another pump a couple weeks ago, believe it is a Bowser 595. I thought it was an ugly pump at first, had some pretty rough paint on it. Here is how it looked when we started.

We then field dressed it, took out the pump, motor and other parts to get it ready for the paint shop.

We picked it up yesterday, I think the paint came out fantastic, plus now it looks a lot better.

At the paint shop

At home. The colors are very bright, he did a nice job painting it.

We plan on making it an Atlantic pump, still need a second add glass like this one.

Hope to get it back together in a few days, more pictures to come.

We also gutted this pump and dropped it off to get redone. I would like to see pictures of restored pumps like this, plus ones showing how the add glasses fit in.
I also need some minor trim parts for this one, like the erie script. What size is the site glass for this one, mine has a block off plate installed, I want to add a glass.

US Air Force Retired, 1981-2007
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
This is the block off plate for the add glass, does it take a rounded one or the flat top one? It is an Erie 243, made around 1954, as per Jack's book

The innards before we ripped them out

Taking out the pump

Hope to have it back from the paint shop in a week or two

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Keep us updated on the pump Wes.

------------------
Scott Shipers
www.myspace.com/quartcans

Scott Shipers
WANTED: quart picture cans
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
We did some reassembly work on the Bowser today. We were going to make it an Atlantic but decided to go with a Sinclair Triple Check for now. The add glasses and globe are easy to change so we could always change it later if we want. The Triple Check logo was used by Sinclair as an experemental design in 1956. It was used/ tested as a possible replacement for the Red Dot HC signs/ globes. The logo was tested in at least 5 cities. The test logo was used through 1959 when the new Dino signs/ globes came out and replace both the triple check and the old HC logos.

There was both an HC triple check globe and a Power-X triple check globe as well as 48 and 72 inch triple check signs and as well as a trapazoid sign similar to the Dino sign.

I heard some places can make custom add glasses. How much would it cost to make a couple sets of repo triple check add glasses? This is a repo globe but originals do exist also.

Here is the pump with the computer, one face plate, one door, sight glass and an add glass in it. The pump still needs the window glass, hose, nozzel and other minor stuff installed yet.

A
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
A
Is that a Tokheim visible in the last pic?

Mick

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Very nice!!! Thanks for sharing.
Mike

P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
I to picked up a Bowser 595 this past fall
and my first impression was the same.Kind
of ugly.I think when I get to it,I'll
make it my outside pump.Don't have one of
those yet.

------------------
JERRY

JERRY
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Wes - Done one of those Bowser "tele-view" pumps and put it next to my computer desk downstairs, I put my paper shredder in it and made the door catch on a magnet for easy opening and closing. I like the looks of it now that it's done. I did the reverse paint scheme of what you have.

Kurt

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved