Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Coming up at an auction near me. Original 13.5" lenses and ad glasses. I know the Sinclair HC is fairly common, but have not seen the red one much.

Any ideas on value for each of these? Any input appreciated.

Thanks.

Always looking for Ithaca Gun and Lucky Sam soda items!!!

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Archive: Fall Peotone 2006 - October 27th, 2006 12:00 P.M. Central
135 Sinclair w/ethyl logo 13.5 inch single lens in original Capco globe body lens and body in very good condition 450.00

Archive: Castelli Petroliana Collection - October 12, 2006 10:00 A.M.
192 Sinclair w/ethyl logo 13.5 inch lenses on hull glass globe body lenses in very good condition, body fair with base chips and small hairline 550.00

Got Socony???

Tom
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I just looked and i have $835 in my ethyl globe and the lenses are new old stock.

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
Knock about 50 bucks off the globe sold in Peotone for the original Capco body, and the lens sold for $400. Probably ball park for this item? And then the guy that bought that globe paid a 10% buyers penalty, 15% if he was an Internet buyer, that puts him into the globe, with a single lens, for $500.

BUT them again as John O'hern says, auction prices are ONLY good for that day on that item and don't set the value of a piece.

59fairlane, if the sale is close to you and you don't have to deal w/ buyer's penalties and you won't be dumping a lot of cash on gasoline, meals, hotels, wear and tear on your car lost time from work and all that **** then I'd say go for it (from a collector's point of view.
Get the lenses and enjoy. Don't be afraid to even spend 10 % over what you think they're worth.

I hope the guy that is paying $700 bucks a pop in my neck of the woods for worn Standard crown globes isn't at your sale. This guy is insane!!

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved