Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#93527 Sun Apr 13 2008 02:04 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
this is a pic of a service station that i grew up near. on 95th st and merrion in the south side of chicago
By oldnfuelish the south side is where i was born,and spent my 1st 12 years(hence the name "south shore heating")i remember this station as KB's Citgo.when i showed my dad a cities srevice sign i got, he said"thats what KB's was"well,through the years i was 5 to 12 years old,this was the place all the kids went to hang out. KB was a giant of a man(at least to us) and had the biggest smile you could imagine.always welcomed us and gave us free toys that citgo was giving away at the time!even though we didnt buy any gas.here is where we used the old wall mounted eco air meter to fill up the tires in our bikes. my brother was down here last fall and took this pic,not the best,but sure brought back some memories.more than 35 years since i been there,but with the pic it almost seems like yesterday!!! mick

[This message has been edited by oldnfuelish (edited 04-13-2008).]

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#93528 Sun Apr 13 2008 02:55 PM
+
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
+
Thats cool Mick . I was back home last summer and was able to buy the six gas pumps from my old Nieghborhood gas Station that is now a U Haul place , it was a Cities Service station back in the old days , I sold 4 of the pumps but the Two I kept remind me every time I look at them of better days as a kid

Chris Holt
#93529 Sun Apr 13 2008 05:54 PM
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Cool pic & story Mick & Chris. The good ol days. Well for us younger ones at least

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
#93530 Sun Apr 13 2008 06:31 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I enjoyed the photo and stories also Mick & Chris but I'am a young one also being a 46 model. I have a photo of a local grocery store gas station my parents owned in the early 60's that is now a bar that I worked at after school and weekends until I went in service in 64. Dosen't have the pumps or island left. Jack

By rustyokie

This station/grocery store was right down the street from( 4 blocks )Champlin refinery in Enid Ok. Jack

[This message has been edited by Jack R (edited 04-13-2008).]

#93531 Mon Apr 14 2008 06:37 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Cool thread maybe somemore will chime in.
Joe

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved