Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
P
OP Offline
P
Hi Folks,
Been inactive for a while. Just wanted to to let ya'll know about the "We Are Marshall Movie" that has just come out in theatres. My Erie 743's and signs were used in a scene. My pumps I think are rare, what I mean is the serial numbers coincide with one another, haven't seen much of that in my collecting years. Please click on the two limks if they come up. One is of the Henry Herald story about the pumps and the movie, the other is of pictures from the set on the day it was filmed. The scene was filmed less than a mile from my house in McDonough. I was even paid rent for the useage of signs, pumps and other stuff. Went to see the movie last night with my family and I think every body else in McDonough, it was really neat to see my things on the big screen. If you get a chance to go see it, do, the scene only last for about 20 seconds but you will all appreciate the old Texaco station at night all lit up. Go to page 3 and 4 of the msnusers website
http://www.msnusers.com/2006cylto289v8engineswap/shoebox.msnw?Page=2
http://www.henryherald.com/features/local_story_159225008.html?keyword=topstory

[This message has been edited by Pumpedup (edited 12-23-2006).]

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
WAY COOL STORY...LIKE THE GARAGE! THAT'S MY DREAM HOUSE...TO BE ABLE TO LIVE OVER MY INVESTMENTS ON DISPLAY!

~DOC

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
P
OP Offline
P
Thanks, I have restored a lot of old pumps and cars out of my shop behind my house. My favorite pump that I restored was a Bennett 541 HC Sinclair. It was one of those I wish I had held onto. The Eries in the movie were doctored up by the arts department of the production company to look like they would have back in the day. I stayed up all night painting the silver one once they told me they wanted to use them in the movie, it looked new when they came and picked it up as did the red one. Funny a couple hours later they both looked liked they had been sitting in front of that station for a long time. I have a lot of pictures of the station from a distance if I can figure out how to post them on here I will. Gotta go see the movie, it was really good.

P
OP Offline
P
If I'm doing this wrong on posting pictures please let me know, this is the only way I understand how to do this.
http://s146.photobucket.com/albums/r261/dambtudor/

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Nice pumps. Awesome pictures.
Mike

M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
The folks at CTO and PCM should do a feature with a few more high res color pic's. This must have been an awsome experience!! Cool pictures and a great story.

MB
P
OP Offline
P
Thanks for the kind words, please don't think I'm bragging, I'm just excited about all this. I was really worried that they would cut the scene out from the movie but then found out it was an important part.

David

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Outstanding!! The ultimate way to display.......in moving color for the whole world to see for generations! Duude, way kewl
Dave

........Dave
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Saw the pumps in the movie and they looked great. The movie was outsatanding.

------------------
Scott Shipers
WANTED: Quart Picture Cans
Kansas City, Missouri

Scott Shipers
WANTED: quart picture cans
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Do you know how they aged the pumps - ie: what did they use to make them look like they have been sitting there for years?

Travis E. Towle
Topeka, Kansas

785-357-1004

P
OP Offline
P
Linseed oil and and some kind of black powder substance, wiped right off with bug and tar remover.

P
OP Offline
P
Anybody else bought pumps with the serial numbers running concurrently (100598,100599)?? Just wondering if it is a rarity.

A
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
A
There were a pair of 39 tall Tokheim with consecutive serial numbers that sold on feebay within the last 10 days.
The buyer used BUT IT NOW for $1500 for the pair, I bid on them but did not get them bought.

Mick

P
OP Offline
P
Unrestored or restored?

Anybody got a favorite movie with old gas stations in it? I like the movie "Back to the Future", probably one of the best scene's I've seen with old pumps and stuff in it. How about you, hey this could be a whole 'nother topic!! By the way my first post on this sight was in 1998 when my wife bought the two Erie's (in the movie)for me for Christmas. I was registered as Gassedup in 1998. What a wife! Somewhere between 1998 and 2006 life happened with 2 kids, ones at Miss. State the other is 15 now. Time is going by fast. I did manage to retstore 28 pumps during that time just didn't have time to sit down and talk about it. Glad to be back, anybody on here it the Atlanta area?

[This message has been edited by Pumpedup (edited 12-29-2006).]

S
S
Hi Pumpedup,

I live about 15 miles from you on the other side of McDonough. Saw your write up in the paper when it was published. I also restore pumps and collect service station stuff. Have around 40 pumps now. I am currently working on an American 2487 visible and building a paint booth. Let's talk.

E-MAIL waitelm@bellsouth.net
phone (770)914-0596

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved