Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#94689 Wed Oct 20 2004 07:21 PM
G
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
G
Well. not only is it time for another Pump of the Month feature, it's time for a little twist from the norm. This month's feature can't be summed up in one or two words, it'll take the following long sentence;

VINTAGE NEW OLD STOCK PUMPS, VINTAGE PUMPS THAT ARE STILL IN SERVICE and ABANDONED VINTAGE PUMPS AT OLD STATIONS, FARMS, STORES etc.

A few months ago when I asked for some different ideas for your POTM, the above was mentioned and I thought they were neat ideas. I can't remember exactly who recommended these except I do believe John Jarvis suggested the NOS idea.

Get your cameras out and take some pictures guys! This topic should provide some good material. Also feel free to send plenty of info with each picture, that'll make it even better.

I will be glad to post any pictures and text, just e-mail it to me at haninfrared@msn.com.
Thanks for looking!!

Neal

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#94690 Wed Oct 20 2004 08:08 PM
M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
The pump on the left G&B found in front of an old store on main street in South Dakota. The pump on the right Bennett 810 found on a farm in South Dakota.

#94691 Thu Oct 21 2004 04:48 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Welcome back Neal. I photographed this ERIE pump outside of a barn in Guthrie, Oklahoma.
[img]http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4ce00b3127ccea941cec8c8010000003610[/img]

------------------
Scott Shipers
Kansas City, Missouri

Scott Shipers
WANTED: quart picture cans
#94692 Thu Oct 21 2004 08:21 PM
G
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
G
Thanks to fellow oldgasser Rex for the following;

"Two pumps from Kentucky farms: The visible has a original Sinclair
globe. Rex "

Keep em coming folks!

Neal

#94693 Thu Oct 21 2004 08:33 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Heres one of my favorite pumps, a Wayne 576. This one was still bolted to the pad where it was put ions ago, inside an old garage. It was offered up on ebay last year, someone quicker than me got to it first, missed it by about 15 seconds.........

[img]http://www.pogogas.com/Wayne576-001_332x600[/img]

------------------
Good Luck on the Hunt
Lance / The Pogo Man
www.PogoGas.com

[This message has been edited by PogoGas.com (edited 10-21-2004).]

Visit our Website or FaceBook Page

Lance @ Pogos Garage

#94694 Thu Oct 21 2004 08:37 PM
G
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
G
Here's a picture from Joe (I'm guessing the famous Sinclair Joe??)
I also have two more of his pictures I will post Friday night.

Thanks Joe!

#94695 Thu Oct 21 2004 08:49 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Nope!Just Joe (Petroholic)

#94696 Thu Oct 21 2004 11:20 PM
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
VERY GOOD POTM's
i like those farm fresh out in the wild pumps! KEEP EM COMIN!

MAN just think there are 1000s out there yet just like those just waiting to be found!!!

ill have a look/see if i have some pics to contribute.

#94697 Fri Oct 22 2004 08:35 AM
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Dont have pics of them in their locations but but I got that were less than 1/3 of a mile from my folks house, one of them you could see looking out the window!!

#94698 Fri Oct 22 2004 08:50 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Here is another original pump, its a Canadian Ecometer I bought last year, from a small rural town in Quebec, this is where it was sitting next to an old garage. At the time I made the deal, and arrangements to have it picked up, I didn't realize it was on its original pad, when the movers got there, 10:00 at night, in the pouring rain, they had to unbolt it and disconnect all the pipes and electrical, boy were they mad, thats OK, it took over 2 months to deliver it, so I think we are even.

------------------
Good Luck on the Hunt
Lance / The Pogo Man
www.PogoGas.com

Lance @ Pogos Garage

#94699 Fri Oct 22 2004 12:11 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Here are a couple more, this pair of Wayne 70's was about a mile from my house, in service for years as diesel and gasoline pumps on a large farm. The owner died about 8 years ago and the entire estate was in probate, so nothing could be sold. Well about a year ago, the pumps disappeared in the middle of the night, what a dissapoinment, they would have been nice to have.

This is a great pump, its a Wayne 777, a Canadian pump, and man is it a monster. I tried to buy this one too, but like most great pumps, it wasn't for sale, DoDo found one of these in the local dump, not that he was scrounging, but someone saw it there and called him. He had to bribe the attendant with Rodeo Pop, and then sneak it out of there under the cover of darkness, I eventually got it, and still regret selling it, these are great pumps.

Lastly is another Canadian Ecometer, but this one is half of a twin, with an interesting story. I really blew it on this one, I got a call one day from a guy that described this pump to me, said he would tell me where it was at if I paid a finders fee, if I bought it, so no problem. I head out the next morning, and low and behold, this is what I found, I almost fell over, but no one was home. I hung around for most of the morning, no one showed up, so I took my wife home, and then headed back, it was after supper and someone finally showed up. It was the owners girlfriend, he was out working, but she gave me the number to his hotel. I called, and he said he would be home that weekend, to come out and we'd make a deal. I head out Saturday morning, a pocket full of cash, and a dream. When I get there, it's seemed apparent that a few hundred dollars would take care of this and allow him to spend some money on clothes and a shave, but after talking to him I find out he knows its half a rare pump, and decide when it comes time to haggle, I'll step up. Here is where I blow it, he says he'd still like to have an old gas pump in the yard, so I offer to trade him a nice original visible for this hulk, he bites, and I'm happy. Then he asks what I'm going to do with half a pump, I tell him I was going to take a picture of it and post a classified ad in local papers offering a reward for the other half. Well, thats it, I guess I kick started his thinker and he backs out of the deal. Next thing I know I see the ad in the paper. Eventually, myself and 2 new players get in on trying to buy it, over the better part of a year, we all continually call the owner to up our bids. One day, one of these other fellows winds up with the other half, it came from a gravel pit on the other side of the mountain, less than 50 miles away. We both heard about it within a few hours of each other, but he beat me to it by roughly 12 hours. By the time I called, he had already arranged for a truck to pick it up, so it was gone, the guy snickered when I told him the story, no wonder the guy was in such a panic to get it out of here he said. That fellow also wound up with this half and reunited them nicely, man what a great pump, I wish it was mine. Some day maybe, like I told him, he's much older than me, so I'll just pick it up at his estate sale.

------------------
Good Luck on the Hunt
Lance / The Pogo Man
www.PogoGas.com

Lance @ Pogos Garage

#94700 Fri Oct 22 2004 01:39 PM
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Paul d0d0 here wuth the rest of the story,

The above mentioned double split in half came from (originally) what I believe is Canadas oldest Ford Dealer, still going but I think it got a name change. From the same dealer I got( from another fellow) a gilbarco Calco-meter double I think an 86 model plus the earliest gilbarco calco-meter, the sunken face one, Pogo got that from me the same day , it turned into the fabulous Silver Shell pump he had!!

2 doubles from one place!!..Now we just got to find a pic of the station where pogo's wayne 800 came from!

[This message has been edited by dodogas (edited 10-22-2004).]

#94701 Sun Oct 24 2004 05:40 PM
G
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
G
Here's two more pictures from "Petoholic Joe", one of our brothers. I'm sorry it took so long to get these posted, I've been having some #*%# computer problems.

Again, THANKS JOE!

Neal

#94702 Sun Oct 24 2004 05:50 PM
G
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
G
Here's another from oldgasser Bob;

"These 2 Gilbarco pumps are in front of the old station I am in the process of restoring.... the one on the left was painted white over the original Clack yellow and the one on the right is painted Husky orange over the original Clack yellow.
Thanks again,
bob"

Thanks Bob!

Neal

#94703 Tue Oct 26 2004 02:31 PM
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
What does a General Contractor do when it rains in California? Goes out and takes pictures of pumps of course. These two stations are in Los Alamos, California off Highway 101 so if you're driving through some time you can see them in person. The first station is next to the historic Union Hotel and the other one is just up the street.

You pump guys will have to identify the pumps. Looks like a cyclops and some AO Smiths to me. Check out the sign post on the one below. Looks like a Texaco frame below a 76 ball. Now its a home grown brand.

Like that they left the old visible there in front of the new electrics.

[This message has been edited by the poor mans museum (edited 10-26-2004).]

C Cragg
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved