Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#94996 Thu Mar 27 2003 09:18 PM
djhubba Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Welp - Dwaine went and did it ...he expressed interest in seeing some of my gas and oil tattoos. Gas and oil is certainly apart of me in a big way.

This Super Shell is on my leg

This Penn trump is on the other side of my left leg

my neck is an old rusted and chipped Mobil Shield

My whole back is called "Rust of Ages" and has a pin up girl by a gas pump lighting the top with a lighter because the familiar glow of the globe has been busted out. Below her is a sea of old cars with a Junk Yard sign above them in saying "Parts" with an ed Roth type Monster graphic. The back ground is a bunch of oil Derriks on fire which is ironic because of the times (My back was done years ago)

I have other gas and oil tattoos but they are hard to photograph. If anyone is interested in any gas tattoos themselves - let me know I do trades. Enjoy the view.
Hubba

Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Seattle WA
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#94997 Thu Mar 27 2003 09:31 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Dwaine,
Don't ask DJ where he has the pumpnozzle TATOO, HE might show it to Louise !!!!

#94998 Thu Mar 27 2003 09:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
EWWWWW!!! ,,, GROSS!!!!!! NO,, THATS COOL!!!!! THANKS FOR POSTING!! HOW ABOUT A FRONT [UPPER] SHOT??? FRANK..

#94999 Thu Mar 27 2003 09:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DICK, THATS EXACTLY THE STATEMENT I WAS TRYING TO THINK OF!!!!!!! HA HA HA HA HA!!! FRANK..

#95000 Thu Mar 27 2003 09:34 PM
djhubba Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Frankie - I dont think you want to see my man boobs. Bahaha
Hubba

#95001 Thu Mar 27 2003 09:53 PM
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Hubba Hubba who did the tats?? pretty sure you didnt do that yourself. Used to have a bike guy near my shop had a (full pageI think) pic on the wall from Easyrider (tm reg) of a back with a full tattoo of a skeleton with riding gear on a Harley Knuck, I mean it looked really good...i asked why the pic on the wall...he said thats MY Back.
I said you're kidding , he said no and pulled up his shirt and there it was Cool piece as is Yours!! You never know what people are packin under their shirts could be a Hubba Lisa or !!!
Not a tat guy myself but the nice work is cool to look at, theres a few guys slinging ink locally you should get up here an check out the scene or skin, I'm sure me an POGO could show you the sights.........DODO

#95002 Thu Mar 27 2003 10:12 PM
djhubba Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Wow - I would love to come up to the Great White North sometime - have to be after the Thaw though - I cant stand the Cold - Thats Why I left Upstate NY. To Meet the Glorious Pogo and Dodo whould be Awesome - I would love to check out your collections ..I know they are Killer and would probably drool all over your floor , but I would bring a rag to clean it up - hahah. Jim Hillary who I work with did my Back and John Hales who I work with did my neck and the Super Shell. A guy who used to work with us did the PennTrump. I have done a pin up gal smoking a cigarette next to a Flying A pump on a buddy of mine and some other lil gas stuff on various people - it truley is a hoot tattooing the stuff I collect and love. its true you never know - My Wife Ginni looks sweet innocent and conservative but She is very heavily Tattooed and youde never know it unless of course I was there to tell her to take her clothes off to show off my work. we would love to visit sometime - what are you guys like 5 hrs into Canada? thanks and Talk to ya soon.
Hubba

#95003 Thu Mar 27 2003 10:26 PM
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Hubba, like the guy from here said as he was getting his 32 or 33 Ford coupe ready " we'll have to get bigger drool buckets for this one!!.. anyway he must of been right cuz 3 local coupes including his made the cover of Street Rodder!!
We have Drool Buckets waiting for you and anyone else that wants to have a look.
We have 3 things in common with Seattle, Unlimited Hydroplanes (sometimes), floating bridge and of course lotsa Starbucks!!! ....DODO Not much rain& we dont miss that!

#95004 Fri Mar 28 2003 09:27 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hubba, as far as I'm concerned, you just won the award for the "most committed"! I've never seen anything like that before. A man that really displays his love of petro!
Great Tat's Hubba!

------------------
Don "oltoydoc" Sherwood

Don "oltoydoc" Sherwood
oltoydoc@vintagegas.com
(310)415-9562 Cel.
Vintage Gas
#95005 Fri Mar 28 2003 10:05 AM
djhubba Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Thanks Don - I have a big piece on my upper thigh hats real cool too but its unfinished and kinda hard to photograph. Its very nice though - a couple of greaser kids in an old highboy roadster racing with a hot chick with a checkered flag and The PEP BOYS in like traffic light configuaration glowing. under all this is real cool lettering that says in Beatnik speak "LIKE VROOOM YA DIG?" It eventually will have a opened wheel type salt flat racer and a pump or two finishing it off - It will go from my knee to my upper thigh and all the way around. The older I get the more it hurts though - I just like to be able to look at this stuff if i am away from my books or collection. Plus I am a tattooed freak anyway so it worked out.
Have a great day.

Hubba

#95006 Fri Mar 28 2003 10:15 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hubba, Don said it all... You have to be the most committed to have tats of petro. Looks great! Keep up the great work and post more as you get them done. Please don't let Dwaine talk you in to posting a picture of your pump nozzle!!!

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
#95007 Fri Mar 28 2003 10:41 PM
djhubba Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Thanks - the only one the Nozzle is for is My Wife Ginni - Rest assured guys - LOL

Hubba

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved