Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Hey Guys & Gals,

It's time to share the petro relics that we've stumbled across in our recent travels, and check out what other people have found as well.

If you would like to contribute to this feature, simply post the pictures here or email them directly to me and I will post them for you. Be sure to include a story or description with your subissions.

If it's too close to the next installment, please note that I may hold your contribution for posting when the new FATW comes up on the 5th day of each month.
Send 'em in!!

Happy trails!

Wes

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Here's a neat little station replica, with a barn behind it, that we ran across in Wisconsin. Kinda neat how they have the old truck set up with the nozzle in the tank.

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Here's a really cool sign business in WI. They've got their whole building (and workshop) covered with original signs. Some are touched up, some are not, but all are original (that I could tell).

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Check these out! The TP has some decent touch up, but they're all very cool signs:

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
The signs on the pole, expecially the Oldsmobile neon, are incredible!

Well, that's all I've got for right now. Let's see what all of you have stumbled across in your travels...

Wes

P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
Wes,
Amazing!! Thanks for all the different shots of the buildings. Several of those signs are hard to find and look to be in fairly good condition to be "barn hangers". They make good targets for teenagers with 22's or pellet guns!!

Paul

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Great pictures Wes, you Find super stuff Along The Way.
There are old stations all over my area, here is one.

This is at the Harley dealer near me...

I was a few years late on this one.

HAGD Along the WAY

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Thanks, guys! I agree that signs as good as some of thsoe should never be kept outside in the weather. Seems like such a shame....

Tokheim, cool pictures! it looks like there are still a couple good parts to be had in all that junk. There's the door latch/sight glass casting on that Neptune door, and probably some decent parts in that dead pump, like sight glasses and the base...

We're going to drive a little bit of old 66 today, should find a few neat things to post...

Wes

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Tokheim,
Are those Sinclair signs near the bottom of the "junk pile" picture? It's hard to tell, but it looks like they might be...
Tara

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Yes Tara, good eye that is a restroom sign, fairly whooped and there was a different but similar sized Sinclair sign that was even worse, not sure what it was.
Also the guy has these:

May make a BOTW out of some ??? I like the Sinclair strip and maybe have a plan for the barn hangers.
Hate to see the pump die there, may work out a deal?

S
S
Waterford, Ontario, Canada

Driving on the weekend, came across this old station converted to the office of a local fuel supplier. Old visible out front, old Esso sign on a hanger in the lot.

Here's a better look at the pump.

On my way out of town, I spot this beside a house:

Stopped to ask about it, and take a picture. Gentleman informs me that he was the owner of the local Supertest Station, which was located where the modern Bradshaw offices are now. Small world...

Always looking for Texaco Canada, Supertest, White Rose, McColl Frontenac, and Miller Oil Co. info.

Near Lynchburg, VA

R
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
R
Dan, email me if you get a chance. Thanks, Ed

Looking for photos, etc from 60s era Shell-A-Rama gas station and Pal's Diner, Rt. 17 Mahwah, NJ
& US or state highway signs, shields, route markers
P
P
The picture with the pumps and ESSO sign is in Forest Va stting next to the railraod tracks. I have been there sveral times even bought a G&B 176 several years ago. The store is pretty cool set up like an original general store with alot of antiques including gas and and oil stuff. The owner is Ricky Burkholder of Rick's Antiques & General Store

Email sent Ed.

Here is one. Not a gas station, but a neat sign on top of a car wash in Bedford, VA.

Yep pumplover, that's where that was taken. I came across it and snapped that shot.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
saw this little guy on the way to a job i wisconsin. dont think its for sale,but will at least stop and ask.heres a older station with a new roof.sorry had to take out of moving truck all for now

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
I like the clock above the door

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved