Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
HERE'S A PUMP THAT TOOK 4+ YEARS TO DO. I GOT IT IN JANUARY 2000 FROM A LOCAL SOD FARM JUST OUTSIDE MY NEIGHBORHOOD THAT CLOSED DOWN YEARS BEFORE, ONLY TO HAVE HOUSES INSIDE A "GATED" COMMUNITY BUILT ON THE SAME LAND. I WAS TIPPED OFF ABOUT THE PUMP BY ANOTHER LOCAL FARMER WHO SAW IT IN A TRAILER (FALL1999).
I CONTACTED THE DEVELOPER WHO SAID I COULD HAVE THE PUMPS (THERE WAS ALSO A 1981 GASBOY).
THE PUMP HAD NO DOORS, AND THERE WERE NONE TO BE FOUND AFTER AN EXTENSIVE SEARCH OF THE TRAILER AND BUILDINGS ON THE FORMER SOD FARM PROPERTY. I DID LOCATE TWO DOORS LOCALLY AND THE TEARDOWN STARTED. I HAD ALL THE BLASTING DONE AND BODYWORK
FINISHED AND THINGS IN MY WORLD OF PHOTOGRAPHY JUST STARTED HAPPENING! TOO BUSY OF COURSE, THE PUMP SAT ON THE BACK-BURNER
FOR MANY, MANY MONTHS ONLY GETTING ATTENTION HERE AND THERE WITH A TOUCH OF SPOT PUD AND A TICKLE OF SANDPAPER. WITH THE NEWER PURCHASED M&S 80 SCRIPT TOP, I FELT IT NECESSARY TO AT LEAST FINISH THE EARLIER PUMP BEFORE STARTING LATER NEWER JOB. TRUE IT'S ALL DONE BY ME (FOR THE EXCEPTION OF BLASTING), BUT IT'S A MIDDLE OF THE LINE "BUDGET" JOB THAT CAME OUT REALLY GOOD. NICE ENOUGH FOR IT TO BE IN MY LIVING ROOM AND GREETING PEOPLE WHEN THEY COME IN!
OKAY...OKAY....ENOUGH OF THE SMALL TALK! AFTER NINE YEARS HERE IS MY 2ND PUMP RESTO DONE IN LION WHICH I DON'T SEE TOO OFTEN. HOPE YOU LIKE!

THIS IS A HOMEMADE DECAL WITH "REGULAR" ADDED ATTACHED TO THE LOWER SIDE PANELS.

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE WEST

[This message has been edited by THE AMERICAN GARAGE (edited 04-06-2004).]

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
LOOKS GREAT DOC TAG..Nice job...its not how long it takes its how it looks when its done..Fine job ..outstanding my friend..thanks for sharing.

------------------
Hubba the GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Shoreline WA

Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Seattle WA
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Nice job Doc. You picked one of my favorite companies too. Now all it lacks is one of your models next to it.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Awesome job Doc!!! It always feels good to finish up a pump. You can never go wrong with a red pimp in the living room, just ask my wife. ~Jason

~Jason

6 ft signs & rare pump plates – Signal, Hancock, Mohawk, Polly, Flying A, Douglas, Richfield, PDQ, Stinker, Beeline, Neon , Dealership.

T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
LOOKS REALLY NICE DOC T.A.G.
good move finishing the one you started first! ~ i like to start another before i get the first one finished. i tell everyone I LIKE TO GET STARTED, IM GOOD AT GETTING STARTED! LOL!!!

HEY are all those bottles on the wall empties from the beginning to the end of your resto? HEE HEE!

B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
Doc
It's just "OK".........it would look perfect with those two young models standing next to it.

G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Jason, what should we ask your wife about the "red pimp in the living room"? Sounds like an interesting story.

D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Sounds like the Oh So Elusive..........."RED INDIAN PIMP" !!!!..I bet !!!

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
GARY....RON.....YOUR WISHES HAVE BEEN ANSWERED. I GOT A LITTLE SCHOOLGIRL TO DROP BY AND GET IN THE ACT. AHHHH...THE MAJIK OF PHOTOSHOP!

THANKS FOR THE COMPLIMENTS, BOYS!

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGES

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Doc, NOW that's what I call a restored pump!!! Great job and thanks.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Woops a big typo there!!! I didn't get a chance to proof read my post until an hour later. "RED PUMP", not "RED PIMP". I was laughing so hard I almost fell off of my chair. I hope my wife doesn't know about red pimps or I'm in trouble. I hope your're all laughing as hard as I am. HA HA HA HA ~Jason

~Jason

6 ft signs & rare pump plates – Signal, Hancock, Mohawk, Polly, Flying A, Douglas, Richfield, PDQ, Stinker, Beeline, Neon , Dealership.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Looks like the Pimp did his job..I now see a young girl was added..thanks Pimp...LOL

------------------
Hubba the GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Shoreline WA

Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Seattle WA
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Lots of BIG PIMPIN on this site (Jason, DOC) LOL. Looks good DOC (school girl too) just kidding Jason those typos will get you everytime.

------------------
Scott in Kansas City
quarts@mindspring.com

Scott Shipers
WANTED: quart picture cans
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Tell me about it Scott. I had my wife read these posts over the phone and she was cracking up. That was funny! I just hope I don't come home tonight to find a "red pimp" in my living room. Have a good one. ~Jason

~Jason

G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
Great work DOC, you have inspired me!! I have four unrestored pumps identical to this one and an original LION globe to boot. I now know what one of my four will look like.
Thanks and GREAT JOB!!

Neal Dunn gpf

Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
DOC:

Great looking pump!

As long time readers of this site will know, the M&S 80 is my favorite pump. Unlike you though, I still haven't started the restoration of my first pump purchase which was an '80.

I've had the sucker for at least 15 years. I've got the globe, the decals, and I've got the paint scheme all figured out. Now I just need the time and energy to tackle the project. It always seems that something else jumps in front of th 80 just as I'm about to start on it. Oh well, maybe this summer . . .

Later . . .

Jim

[This message has been edited by T-way (edited 04-07-2004).]

C
CJ Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
Doc, super nice job.I can relate to the time factor it took ya! Am working on a MS 80 ad glass top now a slow process!!!
I have to agree what djhubba said & "how it looks when it's done".Great job, thanks fr sharing ............CJ

T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
Hey DOC, is her name ethyl & is she wearing pumps?????

D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
I think her name is Lioness...!!!

G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
Doc.

Nice looking pump! Time to start the next one!

GBH.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved