Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#96760 Thu Sep 20 2007 07:31 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Simply put, What do you collect, and why? Are you company specific, or are you product specific? Cans, signs, Maps? As many of you know, I collect Chevron stuff. Maps, books, training manuals, porcelain tags, oil cans, whatever. Mostly, pre 1970 stuff. I just think that the older stuff has more WOW factor. The reason why I collect Chevron, well, it was my first "real job". So for me, anything Chevron, Atlas, RPM, and/or Calso.... Heres just a few pics....
Maps....

Assorted smalls....

And a few, not so smalls....

Oh... There is the lubester collection too, but I'll save that for later. Who's next?

[This message has been edited by Thunder II (edited 09-20-2007).]

Anything Chevron
[Linked Image from i17.photobucket.com]
I'd rather be flying.....
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#96761 Fri Sep 21 2007 01:24 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I will follow suit with Chevron too. Picked up these little signs yesterday. My pump came with Chevron ad glass so I am hooked on Chevron but I like all brands. Mike

#96762 Sat Sep 22 2007 07:42 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I used to collect anything petro. I had a nice collection of anti-freeze cans, some signs, a small collection of 1# grease cans, several outboard oil cans, and a few globes. Over the years I've sold off most of what I originally collected so I could buy globes.
I decided to concentrate on stuff from Standard Oil Company of Indiana. When I decided to concentrate on Standard my sons each chose a company to concentrate their collections on. Jeff decided on Sinclair and Darrel went with Shell.
A gentleman we built a house for gave me my first globe back in 1982. It was many years until I got another. My wife bought a quart of Sinclair Extra Duty motor oil for me at a garage sale thinking I'd use the oil. Thats what really got me started collecting petro stuff. So my collecting addiction is really all my wife's fault. I really didn't consider myself a petro collector until about 1994 or 95, and I didn't get serious about collecting globes until 1999.
When Jeff passed away a friend gave me a can to add to Jeff's collection. I continue to add things to his collection and I did a Company Of The Month feature on Sinclair.
http://www.oldgas.com/shoptalk/ubb/Forum4/HTML/000002.html

I'm in the process of collecting porcelain panels for a replica gas station I'm going to build on my property.

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
#96763 Sat Sep 22 2007 02:20 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I started buying these when I saw them FOR SALE. Some of these came off my pumps in storage yard. Only 3 have been bought off of complete pumps.

#'s 9 & 10 are NOS never used, taken out of shipping crate.
Bought a broken 1 at IG this year just for the adv glass bottom rails.

[This message has been edited by Dick Bennett (edited 09-22-2007).]

#96764 Sat Sep 22 2007 02:52 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
A year of so ago decided to do a company of the month on Powerine a local denver company and the rest is a sick and twisted story. I now 'collect' only powerine and powerlube stuff. Sure I buy and sell other stuff to support my habbit but the stuff I keep for good is Powerine. Along the way I have found some new finds and really cool stuff. I love it when I get a call or lead on a new item, it makes my palms sweaty and heart race! At some point I want to redo my office an paint it like an old station display my powerine stuff only in it but I need a few more pieces before I can do it. So if you know of anything for sale let me know! Here are some of my favorite pics:

------------------
Scott Wright-
http://www.frontrangegas.com/powerine.htm

Scott Wright
#96765 Sun Sep 23 2007 04:59 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
My petro collecting is ALL my husband's fault! He started collecting while we were dating, and it got really boring going to the shows with nothing to look for for myself. So, I decided to start collecting Sinclair because I think the dino is really cute! (Yeah, yeah, I know, I'm such a girl! LOL!) My very first petro item was a transistor radio given to me by Bob Drake, so the addiction is partly his fault, too! I still don't have any really awesome pieces yet, but someday I will!
Tara

#96766 Sun Sep 23 2007 05:30 PM
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
It's almost exclusively pumps for me. Most are visibles and a grand total of 1 is restored so far. I don't have any favorite brands or companies, so as I get these restored it will be quite the mish-mash of paint schemes. I'm blessed with 2 crucial ingredients- a couple of rooms that have vaulted ceilings and a VERY understanding wife!

#96767 Wed Oct 03 2007 07:29 AM
M
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
M
Thunder
Could you email me about the Zerolene decals and RPM FLeet books that I have? I havent heard from you either way
Thanks
Mark

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved