Next Thread
Print Thread
#96911 Wed May 14 2003 06:37 AM
D
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
A few months ago we had a discussion on can displays that the manufactures made from pumps, Dick showed a picture of his and maybe one other , there not very common , I sent Larry Ivy a photo of a flying a display , he says I think I can make one like that,yea , right ,so the guy gits going and wua- lua, look what this guy did , you can guys will want these babys,you don't take up so much wall room . you can roll it around .Larry did a great job.

Hey guys this is all Larry, all I did was send a Picture ,The man did it all,

[This message has been edited by Dwaine Buck (edited 05-14-2003).]

Archived Forum Area

These topics are archived because they are older. You may not post new replies. Contact member through their email in their Profile or by PM message.
Help with contacting members

Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Dwaine:

Way Kewl!

Are there plans to market the top and shelf assemblies for the rest of us? It appears that you/Larry used a a Tokheim 300(?) for the starting point.

I have a pump I can't identify that's missing the doors. I've been through Jack's book a half-a-dozen times and I can't find a match! I could make it into one of these if there was a kit or instructions available. That would be easier than trying to track down doors when you don't know what your looking for!

Later . . .

Jim

D
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
You'll have to ask Larry . I'm just a seed planter , ha ha. But I think with this body can't you put the A-62 top on this also???
Larry will be on shortly . he out gitting Armadillas for the Bar-b-que, so I'll have a recipe for you when I git back. ha ha Jodi's got to skin it. ha ha

L
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
L

The Lubar cabinet is based on a 39 tokheim.
The 39 was die stamped with holes stamped in the flat portion for the nozzle flange, etc but was basically flat with a curved upper portion. The 300 sides have raised holes stamped on the sight glass side and the nozzle recepticle side. These prevent the panels from being flat.

The A-62 curved top was also used on these cabinets as were globes, revere lights, and nothing. The problem being, you have to find original oil related ad glass to use. All of the reproduction A-62 glass being offered relates directly to gasoline brands.
Some original glass such a generic Seaside, Phillips 66, Union, etc. would work.

The sides,base,and top are original, everything else is fabricated including the frame.

Larry

larry ivy
D
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
The add glass Larry is referring to that fits an A-62 , from flying A.

Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Larry:

Quick question.

Is the light on top fabricated or is that a vintage one that I haven't seen before? If fab'd - would ya/could ya make another one? And how much?

To paraphase Hubba -
Me wants . . . Me wants one!

Later . . .

Jim

- Getting goofy in da thumb waiting to go to Cheese's Shin-Dig! -

L
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
L
They are a copy of an original with an aluminum harp and spun aluminum 22" shade. They do not come with a socket (you have to install yourself). I can have some made if anyone is interested. My cost is $125 not including shipping. I need to order in quatities of 5 to make shipping reasonable.

Larry

Now its coming back to me. This style is copied after a light made by Appleton up to the sixties. Stonco and Revere also made "Pylon" lamps for a 2" id post that had more elaborate harps that passed the wiring inside and allow the bulb to hang upside down in a porcelain steel shade. this one is simpler and the bonnets were aluminum.
Vic and Andy make a "custom" version of the stonco/revere that are also around $125 i believe.
Its getting harder for me to retrieve this stuff off my cranial hard drive !!!
[This message has been edited by PremoPetrol (edited 05-15-2003).]

[This message has been edited by PremoPetrol (edited 05-15-2003).]

larry ivy
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
Larry, apparently my husband is interested in one of these and has talked me into releasing the funds for it. Could you put him on the list and if you get together an order of 5 or more, let me know and I can drop you a check? Who's Vic and Andy?

Jodi

P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
JODI-----
VIC is from VIC'S PLACE a web site and pump parts and stuff catalog.
ANDY is from GAS PUMP HEAVEN also a web site and pump parts and stuff catalog.
JERRY

------------------

JERRY
L
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
L
Jodi and T-way

I will defintely order some in the next month or so, I will notify you when I pick them up. I will also send you a picture of the one sold at Vics and Park Drive Garage, you might prefer the looks of it over mine.

Larry

larry ivy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Larry, is the shade a reproduction? is it porcelain? I need one of these in the red color. Any help?
Thanks

------------------
Don "oltoydoc" Sherwood

Don "oltoydoc" Sherwood
oltoydoc@vintagegas.com
(310)415-9562 Cel.
Vintage Gas
L
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
L
The shade is a repro of the appleton bonnet.
This is also the same bonnet that is used on the bowser alzak light with no holes anywhere in it. I have them reprod (aluminum spun) and cast in CA. If you want just the bonnet, I will order extra. I powder coat them and they look VERY much like the porcelain ones. You can even have your powder coater do the white inside and then the color outside. This bonnet can work with original harps and brackets.
Larry

larry ivy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
VERY nice work Larry!

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
D
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
Here it is Morgan , you can add a little water to the paint to help it flow nicly. and afterr you git through messin around you can give the kit to one of your grandbabys . good luck.

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved