Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member

IT'S THAT TIME OF THE WEEK AGAIN! TIME FOR "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" TIME TO SHOW US AND BRAG ABOUT YOUR PETRO FINDS FROM THE PAST 7 DAYS!
I LOVE B.O.T.W. AND TO SEE WHAT EVERYONE GOT!

THANKS TO DON RALEIGH IN N.J. (5 QUART), I HAVE SOMETHING TO SHOW.
YOU'VE SEEN THIS STUFF BEFORE IN FOR SALE AND TRADE. THIS IS FROM 3 OF DON'S ADS THERE:

THANKS, OLDGASSERS!

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGES
YOUR B.O.T.W. HOST

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Online Cool
Nice haul, Doc!
This little 4 oz. Bardahl can is way different from the others I have or have ever seen.

------------------
Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Until yesterday I had only picked up one can this year. Here's what I got at Aumman Auctions yesterday.

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
K
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
K
Nice haul guys!
Bob I hope you sell that stuff soon! Theres no room in your garage or office now,and Hubba is coming.Don't set a bad example for him.Have you talked to JJ about cleaning it up?
To bad you didn't take the truck to the auction you could of bough that cheap Buick sign.Sorry I wasn't there to haul your stuff in my Tahoe.
SORRY REX

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Rex,
Fit all that junk in the Lincoln with room to spare. I really could have loaded up the truck if I had taken it......but like you say, no room in the garage. LOL. Keep JJ away from here. I don't want my globes to get broken!

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
GasPumpRob stopped by on his way home from hauling this score in Paso Robles. Despite my level of envy I managed to take some photos for him and even promised to post them for him. What are friends for? Drove right by my house to steal this stuff up in Paso Robles and I got practically nothing this week. Phew, glad I got that off my chest. Here's Rob's "Trade of the Century". I'll let him tell you the details.

This is a close up of the Script top he score. They riveted a plate over the brand on the outside. I was really hoping he would forget this at my house, but no luck!

C Cragg
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
Here's a close up of the cans just in case you weren't jealous enough.

Some guys have all the luck!

C Cragg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Thanks for taking and posting those photos Curt. Sorry I raided your backyard to score that stuff. I guess that means if I ever decide to sell I sould let you know first??

Anyway the story goes, I met a guy years ago who started picking for me in the central Ca. area. Must have bought over 75 pumps over a 8 year period. Then I meet his friend, a son of an old rancher who picked all this stuff up over time. One day while picking up another 45 pumps out of his back yard Yes I said "45" It just about killed me. Three of four truck loads and piles of guts everywhere,I finally got all of them home. Anyway when I was leaving with my last load of pumps he asked if I new of any jukeboxes for sale. I happened to have a very nice Seeburg 1956 selectomatic just sitting at our house .Well I rebuilt it with the help of a good friend and traded it for all the stuff you see in the photos today. He was so thrilled with the sound of that box, while we had it playing he kept handing me more signs and stuff.

Happy hunting ,
Rob

M
Mac Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
Got this Wayne 60 over the weekend from a friend of my mother's. The pump has no dents and was recently sandblasted. The computer turns freely and the bell dings. Can't wait to get started on it. This is my second pump to restore.
http://img171.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img171&image=wayne60pic1yo.jpg

Mac

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
WOW! GREAT ITEMS GUYS!
I AM PRIMARILY JEALOUS! LMAO!

SORRY ABOUT THE REUSE OF LAST WEEKS BANNER - DIDN'T HAVE THE TIME TO GET A NEW ONE MADE! NEXT WEEK I PROMISE!

KEEP THOSE AWESOME BOTW'S COMIN' - LOOOOOOOKING GOOOOOOD!

DOC @ TAG/WEST

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Great haul guys....Mac..thats a nice straight 60. Rob..what can i say...wow ...nice trade. Pops...did you get the can racks too or did you have them already? I never have seen that Bardahl can Jim..cool. Doc..nice haul. Nothing over here in hubba land

------------------
Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK and humble moderator

Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Seattle WA
P
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
P
WOW!!! Great finds everyone. I want to go out west and hang out with Gas Pump Rob. What a killer haul, very nice stuff. Get us some pictures of your pump yard.

Thanks, Phil

Thanks, Phil
C
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
Thinking I need to move out west....

T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
Don't bother moving out west, there's nothing left after Rob's haul. Besides, Dick Bennett picked the countryside clean years ago so were just picking up the crumbs.

Speaking of crumbs, heres my BOTW, which is really a "freebie" of the week. Nice guy that used to work for ARCO brought this by and gave it to me.

This is a standards book for converting stations over to Richfield circa 1951. Nice illustrations of pumps, decals and stations.

If anyone is working on a Richfield pump or fantasy station circa 1951 I'd be happy to share some color copies or color scans of this with you.

C Cragg
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
"WOW" LOTS OF NICE STUFF FOR THE FIRST MONTH OF THE NEW YEAR!

KEEP-ON-SCROUNGIN!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved