Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#98263 Sun Jan 26 2003 07:19 AM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
What a GREAT globe! Sinclair used this version throughout the 1920's.
Thanks for posting it.
Bob

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#98264 Mon Jan 27 2003 08:54 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I just wanted some of the new guys that don't know Scott B. He has a great site and sells original globes. He is one largest sellers of globes and has everything from common to extremely rare. He is one of the most knowledgeable guys when it comes to globes. Here is a link to his site. oilcollectibles He has some Sinclair globes on his site for sale if any new guys just have to have one.

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
#98265 Mon Jan 27 2003 10:04 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Jarvis is right about Scott. He's the co-author of the Gas Globe price guides, and several other books as well as PCM.

We've only covered about 1/3 of the Sinclair globes. I'm sure there are guys that participate on this site that have some Sinclair globes that we haven't covered. How about posting them.

There are probably lots of people that visit this site that aren't members. It's free, why not take part with the rest of us?

I'll post a couple more globes myself, but I hope some other guys step up too.
Thanks to those who have posted pics.
Bob

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

#98266 Tue Jan 28 2003 10:51 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Here are a few Sinclair globes from my collection.

On the left is the very familiar H-C globe. This one is a capco body version thats a little rarer than the glass body version. It dates from 1950-1954.

In the center is another Sinclair Pennant globe. This one has the flag touching the pole. Compare it to the globe I posted earlier. This one dates from '30-'33.

On the right is a Sinclair Diesel. This is like the one Scott posted, but it has a capco body. This one would date from 1950 or before.

There are still alot of Sinclair globes that haven't been posted. We haven't seen any Marine globes yet. Anyone have a question mark decal globe they can post? How about the other versions of the U S Motor Spec globes? If you know anyone that has a Sinclair globe that hasn't been posted see if you can get a picture of it to post here.
Bob

#98267 Fri Jan 31 2003 09:45 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Here's a Sinclair Diesel. This version was used from '59 until '70.

[This message has been edited by Lastgas15 (edited 01-31-2003).]

#98268 Mon Feb 03 2003 09:27 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I guess there was some confusion as to when I'd post the new globe of the month. Before we started Globe Of The Month we decided to stagger it with Pump Of The Month so Jim didn't get overwhelmed with requests for assitance in posting pictures. I'll be posting the new featured company for Globe Of The Month on the 15th of every month.

I've received several elmails complimenting me on the job I've done so far. I want to say thanks to everyone for the kind words. The thing thats going to make this a success, is participation from as many collectors as possible. So far we've had a good response. My hope is more collectors will be willing to share pictures of thier globes as we go forward with this. See if you can get some of your collector buddies to participate. I'd be happy to post pictures for those that can't post pictures themselves. If you can email a picture to me I think I can post it.

I have several ideas for future featured globes. I think we can keep Globe Of The Month interesting for a long time.

We still have about a week and a half to get more Sinclair globes posted!
Bob

#98269 Thu Dec 14 2006 07:20 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
just bumping so new guys and check out some cool globes!!!!

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved