Click here for Original Gas Pump Plate auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Here is a old Sinclair I came across while taking a wrong turn heading to a auction a couple months ago.

WTB. Arizona quarts,Indian signs/cans, Musgo/Shell/Speedway 79,graphic signs/cans,#616-886-4917...
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Few more things I came across will be heading back to the first one here had some other cool old cars sitting around.

Zephyr sign and gas n' snacks is the only thing left here right off I94.

WTB. Arizona quarts,Indian signs/cans, Musgo/Shell/Speedway 79,graphic signs/cans,#616-886-4917...
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Last one reminds me of a old Phillips station????

P
P
Found this in Northern WI.
Old farmer is STILL using it! Hooked up to bulk tank behind it.

P
P
Then stopped to see this guy a few months back off of Hwy 29 central WI.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Coke-n-stuff,
Where in central Wisconsin is the place in the second picture? I grew up a few miles south of Wausau (Mosinee) and I'm sure my dad would love to go see that if it's not too far away. Thanks!
Tara

P
P
All I can remember is it's off hwy 29 as your heading West somewhere between Wausau and Thorp I believe. You can't miss the big texaco sign about 400 yards off to the right of the hwy. When I get back that way this fall for a Packer game I'll get you the exact exit.

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Here's a cool picture submitted by one of our new members. Thanks Dan!

--------
Attached you will find a photo of pumps near Lynchburg, VA

Dan

Thanks for posting my pic Wes.

Dan

T
T
Hey guys, I've been following the FATW threads for a while and felt motivated to join the boards, as this dovetails nicely with my interest in retail photography (particularly 1960s architecture)

A few selections to start off with from my site (http://dtcwrt.earlracing.com/stores for those interested) from metro Sacramento:

- a long-abandoned Art Deco-styled unit over at the very edge of midtown, at Alhambra and T:

- a former butterfly-wing Phillips 66 unit (of which I've found three in the area), at 21st and Broadway (near US 50/Business I-80/Route 99), now some sort of auto repair shop:

Phillips 66 entered the area through the 1966 acquisition of Tidewater, whose Flying A brand had an equally space-aged canopy design...here's one at Florin and 24th in the Meadowview area of south Sacramento:

I know of at least four more in the area with that design...

Thanks to Les Cobb of the Western Stores and Gas mailing list, I was able to identify a couple of former Wilshire/Gulf stations still with their original canopies. One is in the unincorporated Arcade area, on Fulton Avenue's auto row:

And no discussion of 1960s gas station design in metro Sacramento is complete without some photos of the Orbit stations! Here's one still operating, at Auburn (old US 40) and Myrtle in the unincorporated suburb of Foothill Farms:

I have plenty more where all that came from and will try to get them up here when I can. Hope you all enjoy these shots!

------------------
- Chris

[This message has been edited by TheStranger (edited 04-12-2007).]

- Chris
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
hey russj, i know the guy who has the standard signs and the old cars out back, right about on the state line. his name is bill lemon he sets up at auburn. cggas

C
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
I was pretty surprised to see this Lion sign while driving down a main street in El Dorado, Arkansas today. My understanding is that it's not for sale.

T
T
Found a couple of late 1960s-era Texaco sites in east Sacramento...

- 9687 Gore Road (actually in Rancho Cordova) off of Bradshaw Road, now a Pacific Pride fueling station.

- 8329 Folsom Boulevard, now Park N Gas. A 1960s prototype that is neither Matawan nor the Shell ranch lookalike...

------------------
- Chris

- Chris
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
i love fatw.really like that lion sign!heres a few i saw today in the n.side of chicago.(down there on a call) ist is i beleive 66 next is an oldie,still a mech shop then one in fox lake,my son ken worked here for awhile last is a standard sign.i musta drove by this a million times,and never saw it.at a marina

[This message has been edited by oldnfuelish (edited 04-18-2007).]

[This message has been edited by oldnfuelish (edited 04-18-2007).]

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Nice sign at an antique shop in Berlin Ohio. The shop had some petro, good prices. I got one can.

US Air Force Retired, 1981-2007
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved