Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#99713 Tue Feb 12 2008 05:09 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Well its that time again,time to show off all those collectables that you have around the house.This months topic is on the "Small" pumps,decanters,telephones,toy models and dioramas,etc.If you are like me,and i hope not!, when you first started collecting this petro stuff,you were out buying just about anything that had to do with pumps.But after awhile you learned a little and went into mostly original petro stuff.But since these are the things you love,all of your relatives and friends pick these little dittys for special occasions,such as xmas,birthdays,etc!.Are they all collectable?Well maybe,but many of them have a special meaning because of where you got them or who may have given them to you.Some are very collectable,and some are rare.Are they really petro?Well not original petro,but it shows that the hobby is well recognized,even by some people who are just out to sell a specialty item because they know there is a market for them.And that market is us,my friends!I am not going to include S&P shakers in here,cause that is a whole nother topic.But here we will look at all kinds of mini gaspumps made to be eyecandy and destined to be in the collections of many of the serious and not so serious collectors.This week will be the gas pump decanters and telephones.Which i have about half a dozen of.Each week after for the month I will post pics of the other different types of little pumps,concluding with the infamous"GEARBOX" pumps that we all receive from sons and daughters,neices and nephews,friends and family.In fact the person who posts a pic(at the end) with the most GEARBOX models,will receive,what else? another of these little surprises from yours truly!!Enjoy and post often!!!! and a big thanks to doc for the awesome banner

[This message has been edited by oldnfuelish (edited 02-12-2008).]

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Many of these were made by Olde Tyme Reproductions,although some were made later by another company.The Muskgo seems to be fairly common,and i have seen another version of the Gilmore with red and cream colors

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
The Sunoco was the first one of these that i got.These seem to go for a decent buck on ebay.I have not seen any other versions of the White Flash(someday i am gonna get that globe sticker)

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
This Texaco,although the same as others is a gumball machine.Very special to me as i got it from Steven on Christmas awhile back

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
This is the only decanter that actually gets used here.Maria keeps her Bacardi in it.Guess one little pump in the kitchen is a start!!(wonder if i could fill one of those 6'tall gumball machines with Bacardi?? Hmmmm...)This one has a very heavy globe,unlike others i've seen.

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
heres a couple of phones i have.both ar cool,but what do i do with my cell phone???

well thats all for tonight,but i will have more tommorrow.come on,i showed you mine now lets ee yours.Why i would almost bet that DB has 1 or 2 of these in his collection!! LETS SEE EM!!!!

D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Heres a few of mine I recieved

Dustin Balduff
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
1/2 size WAYNE 866 I made for a display at the Calif. Oil Museum [formally The UNION OIL COMPANY MUSEUM].

That's a G&B 81 1gal. pump behind it.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Here is a little pump I keep in the phone booth. Helps to keep track of the time.
Mike

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I HAVE ALOT OF MINI PUMPS, WHETHER STORE/ONLINE BOUGHT OR EVEN HOMEMADE...I HAVE MANY ON DISPLAY ON SHELVES IN MY OFFICE JUST ABOVE MY LARGE FORMAT EPSON PRINTER:

~DOC

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

I've got this Aviation brand along with many others of the same style pump, It is the only one I've seen.

I have many small pumps but these 4 are my favorites

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The complete pump

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast

Shot with KODAK DC3200 DIGITAL CAMERA at 2008-02-16

Shot with KODAK DC3200 DIGITAL CAMERA at 2008-02-16

B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
Doc, why is there a Dino ad glass on an 66 pump ?

William J. Bailey
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
YA KNOW I WAS ASKING MYSELF THE SAME QUESTION ABOUT THIS VERY COOL LOOKING ANTIQUED METAL GAS PUMP ABOUT 18" TALL AND PURCHASED FROM EBAY FOR LITTLE MONEY. WITH THAT SAID, IT JUST FILLED A SPOT ON THE SHELF AND I HAVE NO CLUE TO IT'S ORIGIN! AS A MATTER OF FACT IT REALLY DOESN'T SAY PHILLIPS...IT SAYS GASOLINE 66! VERY GENERIC!

~DOC

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved