Hello everyone.
I picked up this 1000 series Gilbarco on Sat. while visiting a friend I work with in Sundre Alberta. He told me about this pump a few weeks ago. It was in a concrete yard's garbage dump which is just down the hill from my friend's acreage. When I went to visit him on Sat. we walked down the hill to look at it and it sure enough was in the dump, the upper and lower doors were off and laying in, around, and under some junk. Luckily enough, the boss of the concrete yard was there and we walked over to ask him about it. He looked at me with a funny look on his face and said if I wanted to root around in the junk and get it out, you can have it. Well, I thanked him very much and we went back up to the yard to get my truck and we pulled it out of the junk and loaded it up. I got it home and pulled the pump and motor out, washed it up and razor-bladed a few layers of paint off and peeled a Texaco and a Shell and a PetroCan decal off. It's only missing the glass, reset crank and a hose and nozzel. It's actually quite straight and solid. For now, I'm just gonna scuff it down with 80 grit and spray-bomb it so it looks decent beside the rest of the lineup beside the garage. It's not as nice and cool as Lances pump, but for free and saving a nice one like this from the scrap, I aint complaining.
Ken.

[This message has been edited by Ken Bird (edited 06-11-2007).]