Here are the 4 styles of quart cans that were used by Cliff Brice. The first 2 are metal. The second two are composite cans. The pennway can is extremely rare. The reason for this was explained to me like this by Bonner Brice in 2005:
"You mentioned the oil cans. My company (75 years strong this year!!) used to produce our own oil. Again, my grandfather began canning oil in the early/mid 1940's. (and I finished the last quart cans myself in the late 1970's - about the time plastic jugs became popular.) They started as Pennway Oil. After a VERY short time in production, he was threatned by the PCOA (Pennsylvania Crude Oil Association) to cease calling the oil PENN-way because the name implied it had something to do with Pennsylvania crude oil. He was ordered to destroy all the cans in his possesion. (Two railroad box cars of Bright yellow metal Pennway cans were taken to the local dump and bulldozed.) This makes the Pennway very scarce. I only have one in my own collection. He then called it General Motor Oil and produced that in metal quart and metal two gallon and 5 gallon cans. Years later the cans went to fiber. In all there were 4 styles of our quart cans. Pennway, General metal, General fiber, and a slightly different design of fiber to finish up."