Thank-you for the positive comments on our collection. This is a personal collection that my wife and I have built up over the last 10+ years. The negative comments are a bit disturbing but that is the price you have to pay whenever you put something on display, there are the people that appreciate the display for what it is, and there are the people that want to pick it apart. Because a guy has a large collection doesn't mean I don't wrench on the stuff. I have rebuilt all of the restored pumps and pop machines in the collection, with a few exceptions. I don't paint the pumps myself but I disassemble and sand blast them and put them back together.I also have cleaned, polished and hung every sign in the collection. We also have a collection of unrestoresd pumps and pop machines that will likely stay that way because they look great the way they are.
As Morgan said it's a mental illness but I love it and hopefully they don't put me away too soon because I am still having fun. The fun part of collecting is finding that pump or sign and the story that goes along with it.
If you want to come and vist, I am in Edmonton Alberta Canada. rjf@falvo.com