I sent a message to the seller:
I can't get a copy of it, unfortunately. It just said that it is overpriced, but they're moving in the right direction - just not far enough. I said I figured it was worth 1000 to 3000 bucks, and that they're wasting a lot of ebay fee money, and should let the bidders tell them what it's worth. The email was not ugly or anything.

This is the response I got!!
---
Why don't you take the time to contact Petersen Museum in LA. They have called here twice. (Alex Symms--Curator). They have stated that we have it under-priced and are interested if they find find the money in their budget. Also contact Jim Lee in Dearborn, Mich.--One of the largest collectors in U.S.-He wrote the book on Bowser Pumping Cabinets. He stated that we were probably low in our asking price. We are in process of sending a copy of your e-mail to ebay and reporting it as harrasment.
---

Wow - talk about rude... I don't think my email was out-of-line enough to be considered "harrasment" (as they spell it).

Man, I bet if I tried to bargain with them at a swap meet they'd call the cops and then try to have me arrested for "harrasing" them.

Wes