I have owned visibles, clocks,76,36-B,A-38,
62,300,39,541,646,766,966...you name it, but for some reason I had always been fond of the little Bowser Oil Pump I found at the bottom of a pile of visibles....kinda like Charlie Brown's Christmas Tree, it was rough and some of the parts were missing.But I took it home and left the visibles.

Over the years I have collected parts from other Bowser pumps, ones I thought would be correct. Thanks to Jack's book and Gulfiend's pump,I have been able to see that the parts were the correct ones; wood handle, light sockets, and spout.Possibly door handle too. Information on a pump this old and obscure doesn't come easy.

After several hours of searching the patent
site, I finally found the patent for the cabinet of this pump, at least the top...The patent was 1917 for the sheet metal pump and 1911 for the cast model. What the actual production or selling dates would have been, I don't know.

The 241 Red Sentry could have been used both as an oil pump or as a gasoline pump...it has a setting for a pint, and a spout inside the housing.... it was first designed with two

The 245 Bowser came as either a gasoline pump
or an oil pump....two versions....same cabinet. This is the gasoline version drawing. Nowhere on the description is Bowser mentioned that I found. Different inventor also.
Pat. applied for 1917

more to come....

Veeder Root Rebuilds.....since 1987
Veeder Root Identification CD
Gas Pump Clock Repair
jkyocom@bellsouth.net