As many of you know, I live in a rural area, outside of Denver. Denver, in itself, still has many of its historical aspects, still intact, though few people, recognize their significance, or value. Although, its not easy, one can still find, dirt roads, brick roads, and even narrow gauge railroads, not far from downtown Denver. Even though its there, its hardly recognized, or appreciated.
Out in the rural areas, even more “old stuff” can be found. Visible gas pumps, still being used. A Model T, or a Model A, can still be found, out in the back yard. I’ve even found usable Model T parts, on my own property. And many of you, remember how I found, two Tokheim 36Bs, and the Bearcat and Far-Go decals on them. ( See “The thrill of the hunt” http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=107567&page=1 )
As our area expands, I’m seeing a phenomena, of a sort. Mom & Dad own a large farm, or ranch. All of the kids, have grown up, went to school, got married, and moved away. Sadly, Dad has passed away, and Mom has gone off to live with one of the kids, leaving the developers, to deal with the farm. The equipment, is auctioned off, the buildings, are sold, or even razed, and I get to haul off, whatever is left.
Some of my “goodies” are obtained, in this manner. I can usually, get some stuff, to sell, or trade, this way. Recently, I had the opportunity, to provide my services, for one of these situations. As always, I poke around, to see what “goodies” might jump into my truck, to be hauled away.
The developer thought that I might be interested in this guys shop. I was brought out, to a small, outbuilding, on the place, and soon saw the Rosetta Stone.... It turns out, that this old guy, thought that he would be the next Rockefeller. He had bought into a small refining company, in Louisiana. They had developed an oil, specifically for humid and/or costal regions. This guy, thought, that with a little bit of work, he could develop it into an engine oil, that would be suitable for high altitude applications. The building, was a complete test lab, with engines, machines, even a crude dyno. Books, of test results, papers, numerous products, boxes, cans, and samples, were everywhere. I felt like Alice, lost in Wonderland
I told the developer, that I’d do this one for free Too late. A local scrap dealer, was on his way with a check, and the dozers start tomorrow morning. “But” he said, “Get what you can, and its yours”. I only had my pickup, and it was loaded with, other stuff, so I was only able to get out with these....

Anything Chevron
[Linked Image from i17.photobucket.com]
I'd rather be flying.....