Thunder,
Awesome find. I had heard that story from a friend of mine who lives about a mile down the road from me (also my painter) while he was researching some local area history. I can’t wait to tell him you actually found the place!!!!

I gotta share my friend’s story. My buddy has been intrigued by the area history ever since he moved here and discovered an old railcar on his adjoining property. In fact I run past it when I go jogging….just a train car, sitting in a field with nothing else around it. Anyways, he started researching the area and found that the area we live in had many rail systems running through it to support the farming industry from the early 1900’s. While doing his research, he ran across an old time farmer who had a collection of about 20 gas pumps. While he was trying to work a deal on the pumps, he became friends with the guy and they began swapping stories. The farmer told him about a place he had visited many years ago that was closed down that was some kind of gas or oil lab. Supposedly, the family had inherited this facility and didn’t know what to do with it so they called the farmer since he was a collector. He bought some items and forgot about it after that. Unfortunately, my friend asked but the farmer couldn’t remember the exact location. My friend has been trying to find it ever since.

Do you mind if I bring him up to check out your find?

You’re right about finding stuff all over hidden away in various places. I picked up a visible last year from a farm that the farmer was still using to pump gas for his tractor.

Chuck
smile
Signs Wanted: Sunset, Clipper, Harbor, Indian Motorcycle, Powerlube, Beacon, Michelin, Conoco MM