Ohio,
If the pumping unit is in the cabinet it is a pump, if the pumping unit is in the tank, it is a dispenser.....for electric computer cabinets anyway......
Actually if the pumping unit/guts are removed, you don't have a restored pump, you have a restored cabinet.
There are also what are called satellites...
used to fill other side tank on trucks.

Now is this considered a rotory hand pump or a rotory clockface pump?,
It is a pump w/ a clockface...but not old enough to pre-date visibles. I guess most would call it a farm pump....but then it might be called a dispenser,,,I don't know , I have never seen the liturature.

Even though this pre-dates visibles by several years, I don't refer to something like this as pre-visible.

In all my days of doing this, Pre-Visible, to me, means... The pumps that came out just before the introduction of visible measure...such as a
CURB PUMP, THAT COULD HAVE BEEN RETROFITTED W/ A CYLINDER.
Pre-visible could, by terminology pertain to ANY pump made before they had glass cylinders on pumps to display amount being delivered.....but then the first Tokheim pump had a glass dome ...is it considered a visible?
Seriously... this speculation could go on indefinatly!!!!!

They are what the manufacturer named them.

Untill I came up with a working clock unit to replace missing units,
has the term "REPLACEMENT CLOCK" ever been used before?
That is what I finaly decided to call the ones built to fit in place of an original clock unit.
They are not reproductions or copies or counterfiet since the guts/frames are of my own design.

Veeder Root Rebuilds.....since 1987
Veeder Root Identification CD
Gas Pump Clock Repair
jkyocom@bellsouth.net